Stock T56 Won't shift after power brake

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
I know how strange this one sounds, but basically just what the title says. Anytime I hotbox the tires, be it at the track or an old parking lot, it won't shift period. Doesn't matter what gear I try, it doesn't wanna go. The first time this happened was at the strip last fall and I shifted out of first and didn't get it into second. Let her sit for half and hour and no difference. Kept working the clutch in and out, and all at once, it just went in like normal. And when I say normal, this is the hardest shifting car I've ever been in. It doesn't grind or anything of the sort, but it takes some muscle to push into any gear whether it is cold or hot. The clutch does feel like it is functioning proper, as far as I can feel. Any theories?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Get a Fiore firewall adjuster and maybe a Steeda cable. It seems your cable is literally heating up and shrinking or siezing up on you inside its sleeve. You pretty much need a firewall adjuster anyways so I'd try that first. I went through this kind of and it's not fun to track down. I also got a type of heat wrap for my cable to keep it insulated from the head coming off the headers. Mine is working properly but it still doesn't feel right or perfect.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I have this same issue. But mine is I welded the clutch disc to the flywheel so it doesn't disengage.

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
Wow. Guess I've never heard of the plate actually getting hot enough to adhere to the flywheel. That's a bad ride tho because you never stop :)

Users who are viewing this thread