Stock tires and losing traction in the rain.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I am starting a new thread for this. Hopefully some people from my area will see it and chime in; however, input from anyone experienced with driving a modded 5.0 in heavy rain would also be appreciated. I am a waste not want not kind of guy, so I am trying to ride out my stock tires until the very end. I just hit 18K miles, and they are starting to lose a little bit of traction as I add more RWHP (CJ intake mani, Lethal O/R H, AED tuned, 3.31 ratio, E85 and cams coming soon).
The tires spin out a tad once in a blue moon when water is falling from the sky, but I do not think there is excessive wear on the tires yet. Does anyone know the life expectancy of these tires with grandma style driving? And what is THE BEST tire to buy for the constant rain that we experience here in Seattle during the winter time? Thanks in advance.

Dig Race

Established Member
I have 45k on my stockers and they are suck in the rain, quick to hydroplane. I'm getting new tires very soon

rotarymagic

Established Member
I trust my 275/60/15 Nitto 555R DR's in the rain more than stock tires as I drove through hurricane rains 3 times on them (DRs) without any issues as long as I drove a safe speed for conditions. Those (stock tires) things sucked for dry traction, wet traction and everything in between.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
We got about 8-10inches per month over the summer in Florida. It rained 25 out of 30 days literally. I ran Conti DW and was amazed at not only the lack of hydroplaning on 295s but how well they could launch on streets in the heavy rain. The stock tires were like ice skates pretty much

Dig Race

Established Member
I was looking at the dw, I get a big discount on conti tires so I have to get something from them. How you like them

Users who are viewing this thread