Stock ZL1 vs Stock 13 Gt500 issued.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Att NE members, Dave "Atco track manager" has issued a challenge to 2 stock cars, Dave is willing to pay your entry into Atco to challenge the skirt wearing bow tie chicks. If your interested or know someone that is, even if they drive a ZL1 and wear a thong, call Dave at 856-768-2167 or email [email protected]

And btw you better know how to drive, or fly my ass in.

TVSCobra

Established Member
well given good traction, good drivers to both rides, we all know what will happen.

GT500 will hand out a major ass wiping.

jtfx6552

Established Member
For all they hype and public defending of the ZL1 and Kool Aid drinking over at C5, I think we will find that they really know the car is no competition, and doubt we will see a ZL1 agree any time soon, and if we do, I'd be concerned about whether it was really stock.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
I'm pretty close to Atco, that's where I always go. When I get mine, I'm down for this!

Darth Racer

Established Member
Actually, this challenge should be for a stock '13 Shelby vs. stock '12 Z06. :pepper: That would be very close. Perhaps the OP should retitle this thread? :D

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Actually, this challenge should be for a stock '13 Shelby vs. stock '12 Z06. :pepper: That would be very close. Perhaps the OP should retitle this thread? :D

Denial5 would argue that you can't compare different year cars, despite the 2013 ZL1 being the same car as the 2012.

That would be the same as saying....

"You can't compare the 2011 GT500 to the 2012 GT500, they are different year models making the results null and void." :lol1:

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Att NE members, Dave "Atco track manager" has issued a challenge to 2 stock cars, Dave is willing to pay your entry into Atco to challenge the skirt wearing bow tie chicks. If your interested or know someone that is, even if they drive a ZL1 and wear a thong, call Dave at 856-768-2167 or email [email protected]

And btw you better know how to drive, or fly my ass in.

Please don't refer to the camaro guys as bow tie chicks. Please refer to them as the Mullet chicks or something similar. Don't want to group all Chevy owners into a hateful non-performance oriented group for two reasons.

First off, I have a ZR1 made by that Bow Tie company, I am pretty sure it can handle its own against the GT500. So Chevy does know how to make an outstanding performance car.

Second, some of us Chevy owners absolutely love the new GT500 and can't wait to get one. It is an awesome car. :beer:

Just wanted to make a little distinction.

Scott

FNBADAZ06

Established Member

I'll accept this challenge.....any Phoenix based 2013 GT500 owners yet ? What are we doing.....dyno pulls just to verify RWHP, then a drag race, road race.....what else ?

My car is the old, slow 2006 model....still pretty much stock (CAI only), 65,000+ miles and still on the stock original clutch, but it should stand in pretty well for a 2012 non-Z07 model. :pop:

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Please don't refer to the camaro guys as bow tie chicks. Please refer to them as the Mullet chicks or something similar. Don't want to group all Chevy owners into a hateful non-performance oriented group for two reasons.

First off, I have a ZR1 made by that Bow Tie company, I am pretty sure it can handle its own against the GT500. So Chevy does know how to make an outstanding performance car.

Second, some of us Chevy owners absolutely love the new GT500 and can't wait to get one. It is an awesome car. :beer:

Scott

**Corvette, the apples to oranges sports car comparison GM owners go to whenever its muscle car gets raped by Ford's muscle car.**
;-)

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member

Scott

Appreciate and acknowledge the distinction...:thumbsup:

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
**Corvette, the apples to oranges sports car comparison GM owners go to whenever its pony gets raped by Ford's pony car.**;-)

Woah.....isn't it a GT500 owner that said the challenge should be changed to a 2013 GT500 vs Z06 comparison ?

I'm reading many owner's and would be owner's of the new GT500 that say this is the better comparison.....you don't agree ?

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
Appreciate and acknowledge the distinction...:thumbsup:

There are quite a few Corvette owners who appreciate what Ford has done with the new GT500, and are interested in maybe adding this car to the collection.....me as one of them.

I'll wait until all the craziness calms down before I enter the market, but still frequent this site to get driver/ownership reviews to see what real life experiences people are having with living with this car.

Some of the over the top banter is quite entertaining, but I recognise this IS the GT500 section of a Mustang board :D

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
**Corvette, the apples to oranges sports car comparison GM owners go to whenever its muscle car gets raped by Ford's muscle car.**
;-)

I don't have to make the comparison since I don't own a Camaro. Just pointing out that Chevy does know how to make a world class sports car.

But you gotta love what Ford has done with this car! 662HP for $60ish grand. Hats off to them.

Scott

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Woah.....isn't it a GT500 owner that said the challenge should be changed to a 2013 GT500 vs Z06 comparison ?

I'm reading many owner's and would be owner's of the new GT500 that say this is the better comparison.....you don't agree ?

I agree it's a comparison of two unlike cars which speaks volumes for one car in particular. If people want to compare the two cars, more power to them. Just know the two cars are not in the same class as one another.

I will say the GM faithful better bring the 07 C6 ZO6 to the fight instead of the newer ones with more options.

Last edited:

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
There are quite a few Corvette owners who appreciate what Ford has done with the new GT500, and are interested in maybe adding this car to the collection.....me as one of them.

I'll wait until all the craziness calms down before I enter the market, but still frequent this site to get driver/ownership reviews to see what real life experiences people are having with living with this car.

Some of the over the top banter is quite entertaining, but I recognise this IS the GT500 section of a Mustang board :D

It is entertaining.

Scott

FNBADAZ06

Established Member
I agree it's a comparison of two unlike cars which speaks volumes for one car in particular. If people want to compare the two cars, more power to them. Just know the two cars are not in the same class as one another.

I will say the GM faithful better bring the 07 C6 ZO6 to the fight instead of the newer ones with more options.

Why should they bring a 2007 ? Someone above suggested it should be a 2012 C6 Z06, as there's been no HP increase.......but I'll offer up my lowly 2006 as comparison to someone who lives in Phoenix who wants to go to the dyno and track.
Would that work ?

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member

Why an 07? Why not the new Z06 with the carbon option and the ZR1 goodies and the new Cup tires (is it z07 option, I forgot)? The 12 and on has launch control just like the GT500. That way you get a true comparison of where both cars are at right now in terms of technology. You can then race both with the various settings to see which company has done a better job of implementing that technology. I would be really interested to see those comparisons.

I think the GT500 can hold its own. But the other issue is that the comparison may be better off to be done in six months or so when the new GT500 owners get to know their cars better and have more seat time. I think we will see a pretty good increase in 1/4 times over that period.

Scott

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I don't have to make the comparison since I don't own a Camaro. Just pointing out that Chevy does know how to make a world class sports car.

But you gotta love what Ford has done with this car! 662HP for $60ish grand. Hats off to them.

Scott

I respect that and the Corvette, but I just don't like the comparison with the Mustang and Corvette because I think it detracts from the apples to apples comparison of the Camaro/Mustang battle.

ZR1 is a badass car for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread