Subaru Outback for DD?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Greetings all, I have a dilemna.

Since my Cobra is getting up there in mileage & years...and I want a bigger car for the wife & I to drive around, I'm thinking about a Subaru Outback. We may be starting a family soon and it would be better to have something like that around. We're also renovating our old house and I want to be able to haul stuff from Lowe's in something other than a rental truck. My wife also wants AWD but I don't want a full sized SUV or truck because the mileage will eat us alive.

The big motivator is a local dealer has a leftover 2007 base model in stock with all the options I'd want, plus its a 5-speed so it gets 28mpg on the highway. They're selling it for $3000 under list because nobody wants to drive stick.

Anyone else own one of these? Pros / Cons?

Should I pull the trigger?

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
My 01 scooby-doo outback is one of the best vehicles i've owned up here in maine. it's the official state car(ha!) i think it would climb trees if i wanted it to. it's great in the ice and snow and i use it to haul crap around and i also haul lumber in it home from HOME DEPOT WHERE I WORK!! :poke: really just kidding,i'd shop at lowes too,getting off subject here:rollseyes bought mine for 19995.00 back then and it's a stick,only thing i would have really. add some studded tires and you could go anywhere. brakes and other maintenance is easy to do,mine has 116,000 miles and still going strong:beer:

svt_fan1129

Established Member
^yeah man, nothing wrong with them at all. Infact, my sister used to have one. Great and reliable car. I say go for it.

I'm not sure about 2007 but i'm sure as hell they are great too!

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
YES.
see my cars... the WRX wagon is a keeper for sure. AWD is a beautiful thing.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Thanks guys, I've never owned an import before and this one is actually built in Indiana so I feel a little better. I just was concerned about repairs & maintenance...but they seem to hold up well and be easy to work on.

I appreciate it.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
My Subie WRX Wagon has 80,XXX miles on it and runs, shifts and operates flawlessly...

Users who are viewing this thread