SUCCESS!!! 9 Sec pass on 93 octane

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Finally......I got my 9 sec pass on pump gas. The DA was around 250 and the track was prepped very well today so things fell right into place. 60ft wasn't the best I've had this year, but, it was good enough.

The car was still full weight except for a K-member to lower the engine. Still running the TR 6060 with a McCleod. No Meth, no NO2, nothing but 93 in the tank and air through the Blower and, like always, I drove it to the track with everything I need shoved in the back: Tires, Jack, Tools, etc

Words can't describe how good it feels to get this monkey off my back.:dancenana:

The proof

Picture006.jpg

I'll have a vid in the next day or two.

Edit: Got the vid already!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmt1qh7YPmo"]Quade 9.970 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
congrats man, long time coming. i remember you posted a goal of a 9sec pass on pump.

Van@RevanRacing

Finally......I got my 9 sec pass on pump gas. The DA was around 250 and the track was prepped very well today so things fell right into place. 60ft wasn't the best I've had this year, but, it was good enough.

The car was still full weight except for a K-member to lower the engine. Still running the TR 6060 with a McCleod. No Meth, no NO2, nothing but 93 in the tank and air through the Blower and, like always, I drove it to the track with everything I need shoved in the back: Tires, Jack, Tools, etc

Words can't describe how good it feels to get this monkey off my back.:dancenana:

The proof

Picture006.jpg

I'll have a vid in the next day or two.

Congrats Jammye. :beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Congratulations Jammye what a goal and to actually achieve it too. That's a huge accomplishment on straight 93 octane and pretty much full weight.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thanks a lot Brian, I actually feel like I accomplished something that is pretty unique now-a-days. I was looking for that Taurus This afternoon.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks a lot Brian, I actually feel like I accomplished something that is pretty unique now-a-days. I was looking for that Taurus This afternoon.

Way to busy this weekend.

Congratulations on your 9.97.

Last edited:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Thanks a ton once again you guys. It's really nice to get this done before the end of the year. Make all the work worth it now.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Congrats Jammye. You gonna turn that thing up now?

HAHA, I don't know Matt. I may try out the 3" pulley and some C16 for next year but I'm debating that now LOL. I'd say that will be the next step though.:rockon:

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Maybe you could strip it down and be the first 6th speed GT500 into the 8s?

Man, I'd love to do that, but my skills would have to go way up with things happeneing that fast lol. Once the 2014's come out, this car may turn into a "Race" car and go on a serious diet. The 6-speed will remain though.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Awesome job Jammye!!! Way to get it done!!! Nothing like driving a 9 second car home after racing it.....with the air on and overdrive!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread