suggestions for custom intake for 3.4 whipple

lightning666

Established Member
l_de1109975acb456381ad9126f16be23d.jpg

well heres what i have so far, cut up firewall(no more wipers):uh oh:, fabbed a piece for the throttle cables(not in pic) so what i'm missing is the inlet pipe from my bazooka maf to the TB. I got a 90degree piece of mandrel 5inch exhaust pipe. What I'm thinking is just attach a filter to one end and try ovaling out the tb end and just stick my bazooka maf in there. Because by the looks of it the maf would be the bottle neck. Any ideas, i wanna get this finished up soon.

LightningClint

Every Last DETAIL
Established Member
Stick your MAF in where exactly.. I dont think a 95mm Maf will restrict flow to a damaging point even in this case. Your filter will be sized for it at its outlet as well. Mount the filter to the MAF and then to the pipe just like stock and then go from there to meet up with that beautiful TB

Last edited:

lightning666

Established Member
you cant really tell in the pic, but the tb is much bigger than the bazooka, so a five inch pipe to the tb directly to the filter kinda like the jlp powerpipe(but 5inch jlp is 4 i believe). They sell the maf plates to attach it to any pipe you want.

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
just buy the flange and mount a slot style maf on the 5" tube. You can get them screw on or weld it to the tube. I am using a slot style maf on a 4.5" tube until I get a different inlet.

older pic with a stock style sensor flange welded to the tube.
whipple3.jpg

by the way can you send me some pics of your inlet and firewall area. i'm curious how cut up it is.

Last edited:

lightning666

Established Member
thats what I'm wanting to do exactly. Where did you get the rubber part that attaches the tube to the tb.

Its pretty cut up, probably goes in about 3 inches in to the firewall so you gotta cut it up significantly. You could keep your driver side wiper but the passenger would be a really tight fit. so if you needed wipers you could salvage one just in case. I'll take some pics in the morning and send you one.

FordFanStan

Established Member
That is exactly what we do for our tueb stlye CAI racing intakes. We fabricate and weld or screw on the boss for the Maf sensor directly onto the intake. Depending on that Bazooka maf you have now, the boss may unscrew from the aluminum housing, if so your set (for SCT's the alumi 26/3000 mafs are screw on bosses, but for the older stlye 24/2800 we use a steel weld on boss). Just unscrew it and mark, drill, and remount it onto your intake tube. If not, depending on the bolt pattern of the Maf sensor itself, I can get you one of the steel weld on bosses. Is your intake 5" intake tube alumi or steel?

PS. I am sure you are aware, but this will majorly alter your Maf transfer function, so a retune is absolutely a neccessity. Hope that helps, Stan

lightning666

Established Member
the only maf flange I can find is said to fit a 3 inch pipe but will fit slightly larger if welding on because the welding will fill in the gaps. Will this fit a 5 inch pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread