Super Cobra Jet

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
As with any motor sport, he who is willing to spend the most money usually will win in the end. I just don’t see manufacturers getting behind this enough to create a class and for the average peon, I shudder to think of what the components cost. Then again, I could be wrong because wear and tear would theoretically be less until the battery bank needs replacement.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
nope-timon.gif

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I don't know...it's pretty impressive to run 7.70s in any thing.
I love speed. I really do. And I love adrenaline. Ive raced cars all my life, jumped out of planes, driven trucks to 160mph, and other dumb shiz that doesn't need to be posted. But I just don't have a strong enough desire to run a 1/4 that fast. Especially in silence. I dunno. Maybe im getting old (and probably cynical).

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love speed. I really do. And I love adrenaline. Ive raced cars all my life, jumped out of planes, driven trucks to 160mph, and other dumb shiz that doesn't need to be posted. But I just don't have a strong enough desire to run a 1/4 that fast. Especially in silence. I dunno. Maybe im getting old (and probably cynical).

Click it, far from silent lol

q6543

Established Member
The fact that people think this (EV/EV drag) is just a mistake or fad or will go away still.

We’re barely scratching the surface of the beginning.

1st to market a simple foxbody swap making 800/800 or better is what I’m waiting for… hell, my range on E85 is maybe MAYBE 100 miles a tank…

I’ll make the switch when it’s ready.
Better than, rings, springs, bearings, constant monitoring of gauges, reading plugs …. The benefits are there.

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
The fact that people think this (EV/EV drag) is just a mistake or fad or will go away still.

1st to market a simple foxbody swap making 800/800 or better is what I’m waiting for… hell, my range on E85 is maybe MAYBE 100 miles a tank…

Better than, rings, springs, bearings, constant monitoring of gauges, reading plugs …. The benefits are there.

I won’t say it’s a fad, but certainly won’t be popular by any means. I would also argue the “barely scratching the surface” part as well. Ask anyone who isn’t biased and who is solely in the battery tech engineering field. I know a few.

It will be really interesting and laughable to see where we end up in the next decade with this.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
dad sent this video to me, i told him “meh, you know if I’m ever forced into an EV I’ll make sure it’s the most retarded and offensive thing on earth“

his answer “i know son :)

i could sense his pride coming straight from the text message lol

on another note…it’s neat and all…but the people that already like Motorsports, i think will peace out in record time.

blk02edge

Established Member

Electric motors and batteries are as old as internal combustion... and has been developing ever since in other industry. The tech is just as stale so no... we are not barely scratching the surface

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry @13COBRA . No go on the click here. I will never ever support totalitarian control.......that what this EV movement is all about.....CONTROL! When they take our ICE cars away..... I'm done with this hobby!!

I think you're overthinking a group of guys that designed an electric car that runs 7.70s. Lol

I'm anti EV too. People should have a choice.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sadly EVs are the future. I'm not a fan. Electric funny cars? Electric dragster? Electric drag bikes? (n) But the government will continue to force feed us until we either accept it or choke. Oh, and let's not forget that Ford isn't into this just for racing pleasure/prowess. :unsure:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think you're overthinking a group of guys that designed an electric car that runs 7.70s. Lol

I'm anti EV too. People should have a choice.
Most people don't WANT a choice. They want ICE vehicles. So what do the car makers do? They put more and more of their ICE vehicles on the chopping block, and try hard to market EVs and force them on us. I would not call that "choice".

Users who are viewing this thread