supercharger for '01 Cobra

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
What's your fuel pump duty cycle % at WOT? your supporting 466 with the stock 110lph pump and a BAP? I maxed a single Aviator which flows twice that oem pump with Bap at 480:shrug:

When I first installed my procharger, (which came with a Walbro 255 and 42LB injectors and a 90mm MAF), I let it idle in the shop for about 10 or 15 minutes to check for leaks, codes, or any other problems before I drove it and put it on the dyno.

As luck would have it, the brand new Walbro 255 pump seized up and I lost fuel pressure.... just before I was about to put it on the dyno. Thank God it happened when it did, or I would have popped the motor right on the dyno.

Being that the car wouldn't run with the bad 255 pump, I decided to put the stocker back in and run it on the dyno... (closely watching the data of course).

Testing and tuning it, the car made as much as 510 to the wheels with the stock fuel pump just to see what it would do. The 90MM Lightning MAF pegged before the stock pump ran out of steam.

Eventually, I received a replacement pump... and we dialed back the power to a more reliable 450 WHP.

I'm not saying that you should run the stock pump.. I'm just explaining what it's capable of.

With the stock internals, you'll be happy and safe in the 400-450 HP range. Have your tuner pull a little bit of extra timing in the higher RPM's as a safeguard.

Oh, and the most important things are the tune and your driving style. That will ultimately determine how long your motor will last. If you're constantly racing it, you'll have big problems sooner than you will if you only get in the boost every once in a while.

I popped a motor with stock internals after only 10,000 miles (when I first installed the blower.) However, my current motor (an aviator longblock) still runs great after 75,000 miles despite having the weakest rotating assembly and the highest compression of any modular motor. A lot of it has to do with me not being as crazy as I was before, and most of it has to do with a very conservative tune...

railroad

Established Member
I was in that debacle with you lol

mine ended up making 468/414 on 9psi after it was all said and done

its been over 8 years and 34k miles now lol

I also still have mine. I think I am at 31K miles. I am at only 430 whp. I tried a Jon Lund tune, by sending him some data logging. It was no better than the KB tune. He did help with the hesitation after a red line and gear shift. I think we wired the Boost a pump to be on all the time, instead of being on the vacuum switch. The car is still a fun ride. The OP really needs to feel the diff between a twin screw and hair dryer. The KB works at all rpm.

selftaughtdoc

Established Member
Had an 01 cobra drivetrain with a vortech v2 @ 10lbs and ran very strong. WAP's are good blocks under 450-500hp with the OEM stuff, but you will eventually break something if you do any pulls. People have ran WAP's to 800hp with forged internals and the block has performed well. I've learned and personally wouldn't put any supercharger on a block that doesn't have forged internals.

It is okay to baby a car, but you don't need a supercharger if that's your plan.If you are going spend 2K+ and supercharge a powdered rod/piston block just to have it since you can't run greater than 6-8lbs, remember that you can spend the money on something else that will benefit the car.

Went aluminum teksid block/terminator rotating assembly and installing a 3.4 whipple crusher with all supporting mods, but I'm not against people using a CENTRI vs. TS because they are both amazing when you actually use them to their potential.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
460-470 WHP and 410-420 TQ is about what you should make with the P1-SC kit and the included tune with a mostly stock vehicle and it looks like most people are in that ballpark. Mine made 461 originally with the included procharger tune. You can tune it to make a little more or a little less power, depending on how saucy you feel. .

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I also still have mine. I think I am at 31K miles. I am at only 430 whp. I tried a Jon Lund tune, by sending him some data logging. It was no better than the KB tune. He did help with the hesitation after a red line and gear shift. I think we wired the Boost a pump to be on all the time, instead of being on the vacuum switch. The car is still a fun ride. The OP really needs to feel the diff between a twin screw and hair dryer. The KB works at all rpm.

hermann tuned my car after pete from performance dyno did. we didnt change much at all, just a few tweaks in the mid range, we set 14degrees total timing and we turned the knock sensors waaay down. my hesitation problem was from a torn diaphram on the fuel pump.

car is tons of fun especially with the 373s

railroad

Established Member
With 30 more hp, I'll bet the car is fun. I put in an alum flywheel, driveshaft, and 3.73s. On the engine, I added JBA shorties with Magnaflow catted X and catback. My pump and mass meter are also at their limit. I do not remember the max timing. I am sure it is conservative. To get the 30 more hp, your engine must be more efficient. Probably cam timing as Ken said. We were very lucky Ken talked Jim into putting the kit on the market. I stayed in touch with Mike Cipollo, another 99 Cobra owner, in Pa for a long time. He helped me with the boost a pump, super guy.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
With 30 more hp, I'll bet the car is fun. I put in an alum flywheel, driveshaft, and 3.73s. On the engine, I added JBA shorties with Magnaflow catted X and catback. My pump and mass meter are also at their limit. I do not remember the max timing. I am sure it is conservative. To get the 30 more hp, your engine must be more efficient. Probably cam timing as Ken said. We were very lucky Ken talked Jim into putting the kit on the market. I stayed in touch with Mike Cipollo, another 99 Cobra owner, in Pa for a long time. He helped me with the boost a pump, super guy.

no doubt...i know you and I were among the first people with the kit

Users who are viewing this thread