Supercharger gasket or RTV?

YGETV8

Established Member
I didn't have a supercharger to intake gasket and used a thin bead of silicone when installing my TVS. It seems though that I have a small vacuum leak that is hiding from me and wondering if any body has experienced something similar with no gasket? Thanks!

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I always use a gasket Jay. But, I know Gabe1530 on here had used silicone on his whipple setup i think, maybe message him or maybe he will chime in.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I would just message or call Tousley and get the right gasket, it's fairly inexpensive and will solve your problem. I tend to use RTV in a lot of applications, but that isn't a place I would recommend using it because of the pressure there. They use a steel gasket for a reason...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would just message or call Tousley and get the right gasket, it's fairly inexpensive and will solve your problem. I tend to use RTV in a lot of applications, but that isn't a place I would recommend using it because of the pressure there. They use a steel gasket for a reason...

This! You're hunting for a vacuum leak. Solve the problem by eliminating the suspect RTV. I feel 100% certain that the gasket will solve your vacuum leak issue.

YGETV8

Established Member
This! You're hunting for a vacuum leak. Solve the problem by eliminating the suspect RTV. I feel 100% certain that the gasket will solve your vacuum leak issue.

Does it make a difference that I suspected a vacuum leak way before I ever boosted it? I realize this is an area of high pressure is why I say that.

YGETV8

Established Member
I'll order a gasket and update this thread as to whether or not it was the issue. Might be a while, winter is coming FAST!

Users who are viewing this thread