SVTP stock pick thread.

VegasMichael

Established Member
What happened with some of the healthcare stuff getting smoked today? Humana down 47, United Healthcare down 19 are two that I saw.
Humana missed earnings and said things are going to be way more expensive this year than originally thought. UNH fell because of what Humana said. My insurance went up too. Costs are just ridiculous for healthcare.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
What happened with some of the healthcare stuff getting smoked today? Humana down 47, United Healthcare down 19 are two that I saw.

I think we were up today. Gonna be interesting to see what happens when our group and two others spin off the end of April.

I bought more shares in EV stuff like an idiot today so it of course dropped. I’m no longer investing in EV shit. Gonna throw my money at death and destruction. Time to invest in blood diamonds.

Outtie belly-buttons will now be referred to as “belly weenies”.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Humana missed earnings and said things are going to be way more expensive this year than originally thought. UNH fell because of what Humana said. My insurance went up too. Costs are just ridiculous for healthcare.
Thanks, I didn't see that anywhere in the market stuff I look at. Yeah, it's crazy what we pay. My Medicare kicks in first part of June, my wife is the following February. Only good thing about getting older.
I think we were up today. Gonna be interesting to see what happens when our group and two others spin off the end of April.

I bought more shares in EV stuff like an idiot today so it of course dropped. I’m no longer investing in EV shit. Gonna throw my money at death and destruction. Time to invest in blood diamonds.

My stuff is a fund, so tons of stuff it's invested in. I posted my top 10% a while back. Done very well last year, and so far this year. Knock on wood. Who are you with if you want to post?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Who are you with if you want to post?

I work for Medtronic. RI, Patient Monitoring, and some Home Health group are all splitting off. So come May 1st, we will be a new company or at least we are supposed to be at last bit of information that was made public.

RUNVS?

Established Member
This is one of the other reasons why my wife and I are considering a move to Panama. International health insurance for two is $600 for four months' worth of coverage ($75.00 each per month). We're currently paying $1,320.40 to cover us for four months here. The total cost of living there is ~40% less than it is here in the United States.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
This is one of the other reasons why my wife and I are considering a move to Panama. International health insurance for two is $600 for four months' worth of coverage ($75.00 each per month). We're currently paying $1,320.40 to cover us for four months here. The total cost of living there is ~40% less than it is here in the United States.
Yea but what’s your way of life going to be in Panama compared to the US?

MG0h3

Established Member
Yea but what’s your way of life going to be in Panama compared to the US?

Better. Have several friends working down there right now.

One just retired and moved to Costa Rica.

Panama isn’t overrun with illegal aliens with tranny titties at the Presidential grounds.

I’m planning on leaving as soon as I can retire.

I was just all over in Greece. You don’t see fentanyl zombies or smell dope smoke anywhere.

Meanwhile in the US, every medium or up city is full of that shit. I don’t even feel comfortable letting my GF go to the park with her kids without me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

Panama isn’t overrun with illegal aliens with tranny titties at the Presidential grounds.

I was just all over in Greece. You don’t see fentanyl zombies or smell dope smoke anywhere.

Meanwhile in the US, every medium or up city is full of that shit. I don’t even feel comfortable letting my GF go to the park with her kids without me.

Where are you planning on going

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

taxes on your stocks are way better also, seen a lot of guys making bank moving to paraguay and portugal. i cannot do this with my daughter being 6yo, but damn is it enticing

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Stocks started out poopy, doing descent right now. I have a friend that had bought a coffee farm in Costa Rica years ago and loved it there, but haven't seen or talked to him in 15 years at least.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
My neighbor went to Panama some years ago for a friends wedding, he said he would love to move there when he retired. Great weather pretty much all year, most people speak english, good restaurants, and a fraction of the cost here. A lot of Americans retire there because the quality of life and how affordable it is.

VegasMichael

Established Member
What percentage of your bills does it cover in Panama? Is there a deductible?

I pay $891 a month with a $1000 deductible but after that all inpatient/outpatient surgeries, treatments, hospital stays etc. etc. are 100% covered.

RUNVS?

Established Member
Where are you planning on going
We have a sightseeing trip planned for April and we're going to fly into Panama City first, for a 2-day visit. It takes about four hours to fly from Houston to Panama City. I'm not really all that interested in Panama City as a permanent place to live because it's just too big for me (2 million people). However, it literally has everything.... major hospitals, big box stores, high-rise living, yacht clubs, mass transportation,...etc.

After we visit Panama City, we'll take the 1-hour flight north to David for a 2-day stay. David is a mid-sized city with a population of about 110,000. Almost anything you could need is there and the suburban areas have raised our interest. It takes less than 30 minutes to drive from David to the Pacific coast.

Our final stop will be Boquete, which is a 45-minute bus ride from David. The population of Boquete is ~25,000 people, which more to my liking. Estimates are that 1/4 - 1/3 of Boquete's population are ex-patriots. Boquete is centrally located and sits at an elevation of 3,700 feet. The weather is consistently 60-80 degrees all year. Air conditioners are not required. We plan to stay at least two days in Boquete and we will solicit a real estate agent to show us some fully furnished rentals while we are there. We'll be interested in exploring the costs of a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, flat, or condo.

The YouTube video below convinced us to at least check it out. David ranks #4 and Boquete ranks #3 in the video. We've spent several days watching all the various videos on Belize, Costa Rica, and Panama. If Boquete is anything like what we've seen on video, this could be where my wife and I spend the bulk of our retirement years in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread