SVTPerformance Show'n'Shine Saloon Gets Modded

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
While we're talking about it here, are there any particular topics you'd like to see SVTP and Kevin cover.

For starters...for those that aren't mechanically inclined or detailing saavy... a clay bar and wax how to.

Know it sounds like a stupid topic but ya never know... besides a simple wash, clean and detail goes a long from preventing problems down the line.

nightwing

Established Member
Kevin me and my son always enjoy watching trucks. Cant wait to the see the ford dually completed!

While we're talking about it here, are there any particular topics you'd like to see SVTP and Kevin cover.

it would great to get some tips on how to properly repaint the certain body parts on our cars to match the rest of the car (IE: bumpers) the front and rear bumpers on my comp. orange cobra drive me crazy cause the paint from the factory is so thin. I remember watching the silverado that you repaired and painted you blended in the paint with the rest of the truck. i would assume this the process would be similar.

hard to see from these pics.
DSCF0868.jpg

DSCF0869.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

03dsgdreams

Established Member

I think it would be great to have a write up on how to do a good paint job in a basic 2-3 car home garage. What are the nessasary tools and techniques to get great results with out having a fancy shop and spray booth? I just started taking an autobody program at my local college and we have a modern shop with a nice booth that i can use but after i graduate from the program in a year i am going to want to do work out of my home garage.
:beer:

Last edited:

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Great to have you on board. I watch Trucks and the entire Powerblock every week. It gives me way too many ideas to modify my F250! I need to leave it alone.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Welcome aboard!!! I too watched Trucks every weekend until I got rid of cable:bash:

Something I would like to learn is the basics of automotive painting and are the spray guns you get from Harbor Freight any good??? It would be nice if you could do a comparo of cheap spray guns to higher quality guns?

torchredsnake

Established Member
Welcome to the site. Big fan of the show! Have watched for years. Looking forward to your post. My L could use a new clear coat when I get back to the states! A how-to on clear coat repair in the garage would be awesome!

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
Welcome to the board!

I used to work at the School of Automotive Machinists and personally worked on a few motors that you guys used for a variety of the shows put on by RTM Productions.

eddyroxx

Established Member
I think it would be great to have a write up on how to do a good paint job in a basic 2-3 car home garage. What are the nessasary tools and techniques to get great results with out having a fancy shop and spray booth? I just started taking an autobody program at my local college and we have a modern shop with a nice booth that i can use but after i graduate from the program in a year i am going to want to do work out of my home garage.
:beer:

Welcome aboard!!! I too watched Trucks every weekend until I got rid of cable:bash:

Something I would like to learn is the basics of automotive painting and are the spray guns you get from Harbor Freight any good??? It would be nice if you could do a comparo of cheap spray guns to higher quality guns?

these two and maybe a short how-to on fixing fiberglass

Lazered98

PAH!
Established Member
Welcome to the site Kevin! I DVR the entire powerblock every weekend, and have learned a couple things from watching it. I would love a good write up on how to get a good paint job out of your home garage from start to finish.

svtcharged

svtcharged
Established Member
New Tech

First of all I want to welcome you! Second any tech info you could pass along would be helpful, but since you host a trucks show and are on a mainly car based website I will suggest the best of both worlds. I sold my 04 cobra (R.I.P.) but now have a heavily customized 06 F-150 I am looking to do either a terminator drivetrain swap or do a supercharged buildup of the current 2 valve 4.6 thats in the truck. Lord knows going from a heavily modded 04 cobra to a Slooow 2 valve I need lots of help! Thanks again for all your valuable information! Looking foward to a new year on SVTP and all the new how to's!:thumbsup:

laruei

Established Member
Welcome to the site Kevin! I DVR the entire powerblock every weekend, and have learned a couple things from watching it. I would love a good write up on how to get a good paint job out of your home garage from start to finish.

This^

Also I have been watching Trucks since Stacey David was hosting!! lol

I have to say ya'll projects are much cooler. :beer: (Cant wait for the B series to be done.. I was drooling when you guys put the Aluminator in it!!)

And I have to ask cause you might know.. what ever happened to the guy on Muscle Car that used to say LATER at the end of every episode.. I know he did the roll cage work on that fast back mustang and the new guys had to blow it all out and start over.

ALSO what happened to the hot chick on Extreme 4x4?! I know she had surgery at one point and then I think a baby and dropped off the show. I then saw her on some other show very shortly :(

Anyways welcome and cant wait to see some projects! :rockon:

torrey

Established Member
Nice to see a host on the forum

Good to see that the Shows are checking out what we are actully doing (mods and problems)

Awesome!

Torrey
2003 F150 HD Supercrew

Users who are viewing this thread