Tail Of Dragon Oct 27th-29th 2006

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
pm me with the rates whenever you find out! This sounds like a blast! I would really like to meet you guys and see the rides!

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Yes I am, Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. 10yr veteran.

Im putting in my vacation memo today. Cross your fingers for me. Im just gonna take off Friday through Tuesday, that way I don't have to rush home. My normal days off are Weds-Thurs. This way I have off a full week for the price of 5 days. -

svtsilverback

Established Member
alright guys here is the offical count so far on where to stay. i got these #s from prior post so if i am wrong make sure to correct me.

nloc.net post:
sloe truk /fontana nc
dblg / fontana nc

svtperformance post:
acsvt / pg tn
byeofficer / pg tn
tazman1 / pg tn
hemislayer99 / pg tn
myself / dont care as long as this works out. lol no / pg tn just because of other things for us to do.

if i have left anyone out let me know who/where you want to stay. as of now more are for pg tn. if the majority stays with this location we will set a hotel location within a couple of weeks. that way if anyone joins in later they should have over a month to put in time off/and or make reservations.
come on people need some more trucks to make this a great weekend.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Am I gonna be the lone 'Stanger in the group??? Haaaaa. You don't mind, correct?

If I get the memo approved the only thing that concerns me are the Nitto's on the rear. I can feel the drag radials rolling over on themselves with aggressive driving. Also, if I trailer the car up I hope the borrowed trailer doesn't get sg33'd (oops, stolen while we are out playing.)

I guess I'll stay in Pgn Frg. My only other option is w/friends in Cashiers, NC which is 2 n half hours away. Man, if I get the time off this is gonna be a blast! I'll video as much as I can.

Last edited:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Cobras are badass, come on up man. I plan on driving on my nittos on the back, my truck will never have another rear tire on it unless Mickey Thompson makes some e/t streets in my size!

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
ACSVT: If this time off memo gets approved you can bet I'm coming!!!! I just wish I had a better tire on the rear other than D/R's (no sidewall strength.) But hey, how often am I gonna get this kind of chance? I don't know how "spirited" we will allowed to be with our driving, but I hope it's more than the norm. Man, I hope the Lieutenant's calendar is open. I checked yesterday and saw no red so lets see what happens.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I live about 45 min from the dragon i will come up there and meet some people got the twin turbo GT but had my share of cobras. I will stay at my house just let me know what the plans are. If peopel are willing to drive 13 hours i figure i can drive 30 min.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Sounds like we got a nice group so far....hopefully by the time the event rolls around there will be about twice as much. :D

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
My recommendation is to stay in Wears Valley at one of the cabin rentals.

We (members of my site) have a planned Dragon run every year. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg would suck to stay in because of traffic. We use www.volunteercabinrentals.com for lodging. Most of their cabins are in the Wears Valley area which is a few minutes outside of Pigeon Forge and about 30 minutes or so from the Dragon (going over the Foothills Parkway cuts out a massive amount of time)

Fontana is a nice place to stay as well. We stayed there 2 years ago. Plenty of parking for everyone

I know the area pretty well if you have any questions. I won't be able to hit this trip because my site may go up a few weeks before this date

svtsilverback

Established Member
thanks lee93cobra. so since lee93cobra has brought up some great points has anyone changed their mind on where they want to stay?

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
no problem.

I can assure you that all of you will have a blast. There is a lot of pretty scenery up there. Make sure you work in a cruise on the Cherohala Skyway. Freaking awesome views.

Here are some pics from when we went in June. We try to go once at the beginning of summer and once in the fall.

DR5-02.jpg

DR5-05.jpg

DR5-14.jpg

DR5-20.jpg

DR5-30.jpg

IMG_3373small.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

100_0314.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread