Taillights

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Before I buy a set of OEM tails from fleebay (which I almost did .2 ago), I want some ideas of cool tails and where I can get some. Any help fellas?

Thanks, Jeremy.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
lightning666 said:
There are some cool LED smoke ones that I think would look good on a black truck
The only LED ones that I have seen have like 30 LED's and Im not so much feelin those.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
good night, ill just get frpp ones at summitt and paint them myself, 129.99 and a 5 dollar rattle can, jc

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
blklightningy2k said:
good night, ill just get frpp ones at summitt and paint them myself, 129.99 and a 5 dollar rattle can, jc
Ya, I just ordered the Ebay set, OEM's for $128 w/ shipping and insurance.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Anyone have pics of the LED one? I have a feeling it would look really bad, but I'm not sure.

lightning666

Established Member
Matrix%2097%20F150%20LED%20Tails%20Flare%20Blk%2009-2043-LB%20Big.jpg

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Nope....not feeling them....at all.

I'm pretty sure there's a DSG on here whos got 'em.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Ya those are the ones Ive seen lightning666. From Tim Skeltons website, he somewhat has a "How-To" for avoiding the condensation problem. The ones that I have now are pretty bad, but I dont think that I want to go drilling into the new ones. They shouldn't leak being that they are new, but is there a way that I can assure myself that it wont happen again :shrug:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
simshahh said:
Ya those are the ones Ive seen lightning666. From Tim Skeltons website, he somewhat has a "How-To" for avoiding the condensation problem. The ones that I have now are pretty bad, but I dont think that I want to go drilling into the new ones. They shouldn't leak being that they are new, but is there a way that I can assure myself that it wont happen again :shrug:

On tails I normally run a bead of RTV around the seam anyways so the only leak I shoul dhave to worry about is the junction between the bulb socket and the tail.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
On tails I normally run a bead of RTV around the seam anyways so the only leak I shoul dhave to worry about is the junction between the bulb socket and the tail.
I thought about doing a small bead of clear silicone all the way around the new ones when they come in. And for the socket Im thinking that I might just completely cover the socket with silicone, but change all the bulbs first. If one does go out, Ill deal with it then.

Users who are viewing this thread