Talk me into keeping my car.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Or if you want to buy it, talk me into selling it to you.:banana:
A little background: '03 Cobra Mineral Gray, #101 coupe, 2.93 blower pulley, Borla Stinger exhaust, SCT tune, ~420 rwhp, Northern Va emissions compliant(both dyno and scan), and a couple other things. Purchased new June 2002. 25,700 miles. Runs like a really cool comparison I can't think of. Revs to the moon and makes first and second gear useless. So....
Time to move on. I had my fun and boy was it fun!!! Paid for. I hold the clean title. And I really like the 2010 GT500's. I said I'd NEVER buy one, but I really like the 2010 body style but can't bring myself to trade my Cobra for a wheezy Mustang GT. I'd rather not trade anyway as there are so many people that still want 03 Cobras. Plus, I'd rather have the cash. But, with the approximate price I saw on the '10 GT500's, yea, maybe not so much a chance after all. Look at my mileage. I hardly drive it as it is, so sets the precedent for the new one, I know, which is why I'd rather sell for cash in case I can't get a good deal. But I've had sooooo much fun with that car. The drag racing. The high speed runs. The Dukes of Hazzard u-turns. The hitting on the chick at the car wash(what? she was cute!!!!!!) The time I changed the front brake pads and didn't swap over the rattle springs(hey, I didn't know).
Being faster, quicker, better looking, louder, stronger, better, tougher than all my friends(we won't get into that one, though). And here I sit. With the economy like it is and vehicle trade ins in the toilet and used car values not being much better, what to do?? I guess I'm screwed either way, but I really like the new ones. But is it worth it especially with how expensive they are? Would dealers be willing to negotiate just to move a car or should I just keep what I have since there aren't many cars that are listed in the dictionary under "indestructable"?

03terminator77

LacedWithVenom
Established Member
The 2010 Shelby GT500 is a great looking car..If I had the $$ I would probably do it but it wouldn't be a very easy decision. No matter what you do, you will end up with a great car whether you buy or decide to keep your current car.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
I would keep your cobra and take the money you are going to spend on the GT500 and spend it on mods for the Terminator

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
well said...spend the money on mods for the terminator...when it's all said and done I woud have been able to afford a gt500 lol

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Just give me the Cobra and I will put it in the garage next to mine. It will get TLC and lots of love. Then you can go buy you a 2010. You really would not have to sell it to me just give it to me.

Just kidding. You think yours is low mileage. Mine only has 2150 or so miles.

Keep it.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Just give me the Cobra and I will put it in the garage next to mine. It will get TLC and lots of love. Then you can go buy you a 2010. You really would not have to sell it to me just give it to me.

Just kidding. You think yours is low mileage. Mine only has 2150 or so miles.

Keep it.

Wow thats some crazy low miles!!!!

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
I would keep your cobra and take the money you are going to spend on the GT500 and spend it on mods for the Terminator

Yea..you see? That's probably what would happen but that Hellraiser kit is still out of reach:beer: But isn't that how it always is?
Truth be told, there isn't much a Terminator can't keep up with and dollar for dollar, there isn't much that can keep up with one. Bang for the buck, Ford really did build a "terminator" which is why I love the car so much to begin with. Not much else for the money will get you ten second time slips with just a blower change. Score one for the Whipple guys!
I'm just mulling it over right now. The biggest problem with trading (up) is the cost of the new car, new car insurance, and the fact the new stuff is harder to customize(ie: modify).
Eh....I don't know. We'll see how it goes. After all, I am a good few hundred pounds lighter than a GT500 anyway. Nice advantage.:dancenana:

TermySnake

Established Member
you know why they called the terminators? you will be a fool if you traded your cobra for a shelby! (irs & the awesome looks from inside & outside) i wouldn't think about trading a termi for a gt500! the price of gt500 is just too much... if it were me i would just buy a z06.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
you know why they called the terminators? you will be a fool if you traded your cobra for a shelby! (irs & the awesome looks from inside & outside) i wouldn't think about trading a termi for a gt500! the price of gt500 is just too much... if it were me i would just buy a z06.

Well, hell. If it were that easy, I'd just go out and pick up a new ZR1 but that ain't happening. I'm well paid, but just well paid enough to live with my dog and 2 cars.
Priced too much??? I don't know about that so much. Motor Trend guessed the new 2010 price to be a bump up from the $45xxx of the outgoing GT500 model which is only $10k more than I paid for my Cobra 7 years ago. In 7 years you'd figure it would have inflated more than that. But that's just me.

TermySnake

Established Member
Well, hell. If it were that easy, I'd just go out and pick up a new ZR1 but that ain't happening. I'm well paid, but just well paid enough to live with my dog and 2 cars.
Priced too much??? I don't know about that so much. Motor Trend guessed the new 2010 price to be a bump up from the $45xxx of the outgoing GT500 model which is only $10k more than I paid for my Cobra 7 years ago. In 7 years you'd figure it would have inflated more than that. But that's just me.

i'm talkin about the c5 z06.:poke:
the shelby is an overpriced pig :nonono::smmon:
BANG FOR BUCK = 03/04 COBRA :fart: IN GT500 FACE LOL

Last edited:

Romans8:28

Established Member
Never, ever contemplate selling a car named after a venomous reptile AND a sci-fi robotic hit man (simultaneously)........ this type of planetary alignment only happens once in a million years.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
No mods in your signature so it is hard to tell, but if you don't have a big kb or whipple on the car and some suspension mods you haven't experienced the car at its prime. The GT500's are definately bad ass and they respond to mods really well, but the terminators are so much better looking!

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Never, ever contemplate selling a car named after a venomous reptile AND a sci-fi robotic hit man (simultaneously)........ this type of planetary alignment only happens once in a million years.

Damn, that was pretty good :thumbsup:

Randee just upgrade to a Whipple or add nitrous, it will give you a whole new outlook on your car.
Do you really see yourself paying 45K for a GT, really!?!?

s_x_i

Established Member
If you sell your car, people will think you're gay.

Can you live with that? People will see you as you walk down the street, they will point and say " look, there goes a GAY" and "don't point at that GAY johnny, it's rude"

Can you live with that? Can you? Or are you really a GAY looking to get more attention than you do now?

Keep your ****ing car man... there's nothing out there that compares. Or are you a GAY? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread