Tax on exports or for foreigners?

LGHTNGfeverUAE

Established Member
I am curious as to whether or not tax can be applied to the following for foreigners:

* Work done in a workshop (labour & parts) for a car to be exported and purchased by someone out of US (non-US citizen)

* Parts purchased online for export

We live in a tax free country (United Arab Emirates) and when i buy product for my shop to export, I dont pay tax. Does this apply for cars too?

Any clarification or info would be most appreciated.

CPRsm

I have a customer in Denmark who I'm building a car for. He doesn't have to pay taxes for either parts or labor is the car has proof it left the state, only when the car arrives to him. I know in California for every car I have built or exported so far, nothing is taxed. As long as I have proof that it leaves here. Only taxes paid are on the other side when receiving, which wouldn't apply to you. I just declare the cars value, and that's what it's insured for while on ship.

CPRsm

Oh, if you were to show up (here in the US) and buy, you would pay tax on the sale of goods when you buy, even if you are taking it home.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Moved to Roadside.

I have a customer in Denmark who I'm building a car for. He doesn't have to pay taxes for either parts or labor is the car has proof it left the state, only when the car arrives to him. I know in California for every car I have built or exported so far, nothing is taxed. As long as I have proof that it leaves here. Only taxes paid are on the other side when receiving, which wouldn't apply to you. I just declare the cars value, and that's what it's insured for while on ship.

This, and

Oh, if you were to show up (here in the US) and buy, you would pay tax on the sale of goods when you buy, even if you are taking it home.

this!

Users who are viewing this thread