termie vs viper

grendel

Established Member
well i have been wanting ot play with one of these for a while and i inally got my chance today. when i was leaving work i saw a red vert viper cruising along. it was an older model maybe an rt. so i pull out of the parking lot and follow him. he sees me in the rear view and decides to try and not let me catch up to him. this goes on for about 4 miles untill he needs to turn at a stop light onto a 2 lane highway. well of course instead of letting me get next to him he just takes off. he probably has about 4 cars on me until i can turn. i am now playing catch up to him i catch up to him around 110-120 i think. i know he can hear my blower whining the whole time i was behind him cause he had the top off. i get right next to him and hit my brakes since i know i can keep pulling on him.

the older vipers were rated at 450 werent they? do yall know the quarter or trap speeds for them?

Last edited:

ttadriver

Established Member
the 1st Generation vipers were rated at 400hp trapped around 110
2nd Generation 450hp, 115-118mph
If the Rt10 had an exhaust that exited down the center back; it was a Gen 2, except for the 96 RT10 which only had 415hp
That fact that you gave that guy 4 lengths with a head start and you ran him down by the end of the viper's 3rd gear, leads me to believe that it was a likely Gen 1 or a very poorly driven Gen 2

----
04 MB E500
97 Viper GTS B/W
93 Mustang Cobra teal
89 Anniv Turbo Trans Am hardtop

grendel

Established Member
i think it was a gen 1, it had the tail pipes on the sides, but i know it had a few things done to it, he was up at my shop about 6 months ago talking to my manager, it wasnt anything major just a few bolt ons.

twisted03

Established Member
whats the power rating on the new viper copperheads and does anyone know what they run and trap. are they as fast as the new z06? anybody know. how does a new viper launch on the street?

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
twisted03 said:
whats the power rating on the new viper copperheads and does anyone know what they run and trap. are they as fast as the new z06? anybody know. how does a new viper launch on the street?

I believe the copperheads are the same as the other Vipers, 500hp. I am not too sure on what they trap, but I think they are a tad slower than the new Z06's:(

evo connevo

Established Member
I think some mags have gotten similar qm times with each car but the traps of the vette are always a few mph higher.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
No offense dude, but you should've let him go about his business seeing how he didnt let you catch up. Maybe he didnt want to race

bmfgsxr

Established Member
98GMEater said:
No offense dude, but you should've let him go about his business seeing how he didnt let you catch up. Maybe he didnt want to race

no offense dude, but maybe the original poster didnt want to hear that reply from you. maybe he was just looking to share a story. ;)

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I believe the copperheads are the same as the other Vipers, 500hp. I am not too sure on what they trap, but I think they are a tad slower than the new Z06's
A guy around here has one, I have seen him around a few times but never get a response. Well, my cousin knows the guys son, and we are working on getting a race together. Likely not till spring due to weather, but it should be nice... though he claims he is going to be sending it to Hennessy soon, soooo... I better get my shot soon or it will be a pointless race.

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
no offense dude, but maybe the original poster didnt want to hear that reply from you. maybe he was just looking to share a story. ;)

I respect that, im not going to get into an internet battle with you. Just giving an opinion.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Iamchris said:
though he claims he is going to be sending it to Hennessy soon, soooo... I better get my shot soon or it will be a pointless race.

Yes it will, since you will be racing yourself when Hennethief sells the guys parts and doesn't send his car back!!

Users who are viewing this thread