Terminator Fox Build...

slowmaro67

Established Member
I was wondering what it would realistically cost to build a terminator swapped fox? I know there are a couple guys on here who have done it and I am curious. Include the cost of buying the car, the donor car, the whole 9 yards. Thanks

bossman302

Banned
If it is done right, and I do mean right, Donor car is right at 9K to 10K, you can sell what is left, a nice straight Fox is anywhere between 3K to 6K depending on what you want, hatch, 93 Cobra, or GT. Sell what is left of the fox drivetrain. Possibly about 1200.

So 03/04 9K to 10K
Fox 3 to 6K
sell of parts???
Labor for conversion, anywhare between 5 to 10K depending on weather your fox needs paint or not.

So to build one right anywhere between 25K to 30K, sell of 04 Parts you don't need and fox parts, you may recoupe 5 to 6K depending on what is left of the 03/04. Its not a very cheap conversion.

slowmaro67

Established Member
If it is done right, and I do mean right, Donor car is right at 9K to 10K, you can sell what is left, a nice straight Fox is anywhere between 3K to 6K depending on what you want, hatch, 93 Cobra, or GT. Sell what is left of the fox drivetrain. Possibly about 1200.

So 03/04 9K to 10K
Fox 3 to 6K
sell of parts???
Labor for conversion, anywhare between 5 to 10K depending on weather your fox needs paint or not.

So to build one right anywhere between 25K to 30K, sell of 04 Parts you don't need and fox parts, you may recoupe 5 to 6K depending on what is left of the 03/04. Its not a very cheap conversion.

I was guessing 25k but I wanted to get some more opinions. I have considered building one but for the money I would spend I could have an extremely nice 03 :shrug:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'd be tempted to drop one of the new 5.0's in the car honestly...if I ever build my car again that's probably the route I'll take.

And it's true you could have a very nice 03 for 25k, but it won't be as unique, and, it won't be something you built yourself. It's really a personal choice. Do you want to buy a nice clean 03 and just drive it, or do you want to spend the money and the time to build something yourself that not many people have?

slowmaro67

Established Member
I'd be tempted to drop one of the new 5.0's in the car honestly...if I ever build my car again that's probably the route I'll take.

And it's true you could have a very nice 03 for 25k, but it won't be as unique, and, it won't be something you built yourself. It's really a personal choice. Do you want to buy a nice clean 03 and just drive it, or do you want to spend the money and the time to build something yourself that not many people have?

See thats the only reason I even considered it is because it's unique. I like having something that not many people have ever seen before. Plus like you said its nice to have the satisfaction of building it yourself

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
I am abandoning my mod fox project and have a ton of 4v parts. I will be parting everything in a few weeks and would give a good package deal for everything I have. Pm if you might be interested.

IRISH 939

MACC
Established Member
Ive had an 04 cobra and now a foxinator, you will have alot more fun in the fox!

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I thought about this as well, however, drop a 5.0 aluminator in there..They sell them set up for blowers or n/a....can't beat that! And they have a "install kit" you can purchase.

TommyPizza

Established Member
I have been thing of doing this myself but the cheapest cobra motor w/o a blower I found was $10,000. So I just picked up a sbf 306 only missing the intake the other day. Prob won't drop it in til next winter since I don't exactly know what I wanna do to my notch.

trollnstroll

Established Member
It would be cheaper to do the 4v 5.0 swap. I've looked into it for my car. Roughly 10k for complete swap, not including cost of the fox. All you have to do is slap a blower on it and you're done, just keep boost around 6-8psi to be safe unless you wanna use a meth kit. No donor car needed, and it's a brand new engine.

Users who are viewing this thread