Terminator Insurance

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Hey guys was wondering who all you go through for insurance. I've got one wreck in 2007, one ticket in in 2006 and they want me to pay over a grand every 6 months. I've heard of some people using Grundy but wasn't sure if someone 24 could use them or not. Just sick of getting screwed on insurance for my cobra that I drive 2 out of every 3 weekends and maybe a night a week.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I'm 24 and pay like 160 a month I think. I don't even know to be honest, it automatically deducts itself.

svt2712

Established Member
I pay around 85 a month but that is state farm with multi car and house insurance plus wife's car and truck also. this is full coverage cuz i have a loan for the car.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
i pay 86 bucks a month, plus we have multi cars and home insurance
i got liability insurance & i'm 23yrs old

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Heck I'm older than dirt itself and the insurance co. still rapes me imo. You'd think a 03 cobra is death itself if you sit in one or own one. Compared to back in the day at 19 my 69 w a 428 cj was cheaper and my 85 gt was much cheaper at 40 yrs old w inflation figured in. I've heard from a coworker his 06 vette convertible is lot cheaper and he is 40 w similar driving record. So just from that I respect any 03 cobra owner.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have Heacock that I bought when I was 25. Pay 280 a year for 27,500 value 0 deductable. I can only drive 3k a year tho. Works for my garage queen

Alex

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
I have Heacock that I bought when I was 25. Pay 280 a year for 27,500 value 0 deductable. I can only drive 3k a year tho. Works for my garage queen

Alex

Thanks for the help guys, cuz this is what I'm looking for. I have a company car that I drive 5 days a week and every third weekend, the pickup for hauling stuff, and the cobra is my cruiser that I put maybe 5-6k on a year. Thanks guys and I'll research a little more next time.:nonono: Just lazy

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
25 here I pay $90 Mth full coverage thru state farm.

oneof185

Established Member
I used to go through Geico and paid $45/mo for my '93 and $90 for my 04, stating both are only driven 3000 miles or less a year.
I heard about insuring through Barrett Jackson, so I called. They got me insured with Granite State Insurance Co., with 3000 miles a year - no checking....and I pay $240 a year TOTAL!
This is with stated values more than KBB and also they provide deminished value $$$ too.
However, the stipulation is they are not your daily driver, 3000 miles or less per year and they are garaged or stored when not being driven. I think too they do not cover under 25 though.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
03 Cobra and 4Runner with USAA. full coverage and 250 deductibles on both and i pay 90 a month. broken down it's about 60 on the Cobra and 30 on the 4Runner. i'm 31 though.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
...You need to be 26 years old to take advantage of the Barrett-Jackson car insurance!

...I'm paying $360 per year for BOTH Cobra's agreed value of $30k each!

oneof185

Established Member
...You need to be 26 years old to take advantage of the Barrett-Jackson car insurance!

...I'm paying $360 per year for BOTH Cobra's agreed value of $30k each!

OK, that's what I thought. Great deal too, $0 deductible....amazing that I went from paying $135/mo with $500 deductible, to $20 with $0 and it's better. I am 40 also with no tickets.
Insuring two Terminators for $30/mo....can't beat that!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
OK, that's what I thought. Great deal too, $0 deductible....amazing that I went from paying $135/mo with $500 deductible, to $20 with $0 and it's better. I am 40 also with no tickets.
Insuring two Terminators for $30/mo....can't beat that!
Yes Yes!! :beer: ...$0 deductible the best, + many other items with the BJ insurance ... only downside for some would be the 2,500 miles per year on the "honor system"...

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Is the Barrett Jackson underwriter a well known carrier? Seems very low for deductables and benifits. Anyone had to use them for a claim yet?

oneof185

Established Member
Is the Barrett Jackson underwriter a well known carrier? Seems very low for deductables and benifits. Anyone had to use them for a claim yet?

Don't really know to be honest with you. I found on here where lots of members recommended. I have personally not had to file a claim. I figured with Barrett Jackson as the sponsor etc, it'd be fine. I thought the price was too good to be true, but read through the coverage etc and looks to be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread