Texas Mile Super Snake 1,000+ RWHP Dyno Video

Van@RevanRacing

Good Luck Van!!

Thanks Jim.

Good stuff can't wait to see it.

Looking forward to seeing you out there bro.

LMAO. Just caught it the second time I watched it. The first pull.....the guy running away as the pull started. He thinks he's going to turn around and take a pic, but ends up running away squinting from the pain in his ears. :lol::lol::lol:

This car is freakin' LOUD! The raw video that was edited had some really funny crap too but it hit the editing room floor.

Thanks for posting up the vid Van! That is just plain awesome. One day, I will do the E85 conversion on my car. I know you can buy the E85 conversion kit from Lethal Performance, but I am assuming that there is more involved than just purchasing the kit.

Really need to address the overall horsepower goal prior to making the conversion so you only do it once. Hit me up when you are ready to start considering the system.

What kind of c/r are you running? Curious what else you have into this thing to get that kind of power. Do you feel it is tapped out on power now considering the gains after the extra 3psi of boost?

Awesome sounding and performing car so far, can't wait to hear the results from the TM. FFS

Thanks FFS. We are actually running 9.5:1 compression, custom grind cams with ported and polished heads. We actually decreased the timing on that second pull with the 23 lbs of boost. 2" long tube headers really help as well.

The car is making a lot of power with low boost and low timing. The first pull on the dyno graph was only 20.6 lbs of boost and 23 degrees of timing. We've got plenty of range left for additional timing and boost.

Looks awesome

Thanks Bolt.

That beast is NASTY!! Congrats Van!!!

When is the Texas Mile?

Thanks Tony. The count down is on. Two Weeks to the Mile. Can't wait!!!

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Ok I'll see what you do and maybe I'll try and ONE UP you in may or october...lol

You know I'm just kidding.....Good Luck and be SAFE!!

Van@RevanRacing

Ok I'll see what you do and maybe I'll try and ONE UP you in may or october...lol

You know I'm just kidding.....Good Luck and be SAFE!!

It's all good Tony. There is nothing like flat footing our cars for a mile and not worrying about the law. We plan on setting a bench mark supercharged without nitrous. Would love to see you set the record compound boosted Turbo. Nobody really has set a mark in that category.

Let's get the car ready for October. I'm not going in May. Too much already going on that month. And it's hotter than all hell in Texas in May. LOL

VC

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
awesome stuff van, just plain bad ass! are you guys running R-compound road race tires like most seem to be? need to get a few gopros or something and get us lots of video too, really looking forward to seeing what this monster can do!

BTW, good song choice too, audioslave never got enough love:rockon: might i suggest 'gasoline' for the mile videos!

Van@RevanRacing

awesome stuff van, just plain bad ass! are you guys running R-compound road race tires like most seem to be? need to get a few gopros or something and get us lots of video too, really looking forward to seeing what this monster can do!

BTW, good song choice too, audioslave never got enough love:rockon: might i suggest 'gasoline' for the mile videos!

Thanks bro. Toyo R-888's and we've got access to some other R Compound tires while we're out there. We've got a few different video cameras we'll be running as well. Initially I hope to just post updates of progress as we approach the 200 MPH barrier.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Van, I think it is safe to say the car will exceed 200mph. I think it has a couple/few hundred more whp than is needed (with ideal conditions of course).

Good luck!

Van@RevanRacing

Van, I think it is safe to say the car will exceed 200mph. I think it has a couple/few hundred more whp than is needed (with ideal conditions of course).

Good luck!

If there is one thing I have learned over the years it is assume nothing. Sure, the car has a ton of power and should be able to surpass the 200 MPH barrier but we could also get out there and have a 40 knot head wind. You just never know. All of the existing 200 + MPH passes in GT500's there was a 30-35 knot tail wind present. If we have favorable conditions like a tailwind or even no wind we should hopefully hit and surpass our goal. Then we'll create a new one! :rockon:

Thanks for the good luck! We'll take all we can get and use it!:burnout:

Racing4Autism

Established Member
WOW, The car sounds unbelievable, what an animal waiting to show everyone its Roar,, best of luck to you Van, will be following your progress with many other GT500 owners.. thanx for sharing

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Good Luck Van. We will have our dyno up and runing soon. If you need a place to test it. Dyno will take 1800 HP and up to 200 MPH. Would Love to see it. Make sure you go over all your safety gear when you go. 200 is no joke. Best of Luck to you. I'm sure everything will go great. Most of all, have fun.

Van@RevanRacing

WOW, The car sounds unbelievable, what an animal waiting to show everyone its Roar,, best of luck to you Van, will be following your progress with many other GT500 owners.. thanx for sharing

Thanks Ray.

Good Luck Van. We will have our dyno up and runing soon. If you need a place to test it. Dyno will take 1800 HP and up to 200 MPH. Would Love to see it. Make sure you go over all your safety gear when you go. 200 is no joke. Best of Luck to you. I'm sure everything will go great. Most of all, have fun.

Thanks Tim. We've got a full 10-Point NHRA Certified 8.50 roll cage in the car along with 6 point harnesses. :beer:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Van - curious was the E85 from a pump? was it tested to check what the blend was?

TIA

Van@RevanRacing

Van - curious was the E85 from a pump? was it tested to check what the blend was?

TIA

It was pump E-85 and it tested a little higher than 85%.

All this prep and I'll bet there's still a couple rolls of duct tape and some tie wraps making the trip! :)

Heli Tape - Check
Zip Ties - Check
Tools - Check
Lounge Chairs - Check
Big Screen - Check
TV Projector - Check
DirecTV - Check
UFC Pay Per View Noguiera VS. Davis - Check
3 Kegs of Cold Beer - Check
Emergency Beer - Check
Cigars - Check
Advil - Check

This ain't our first rodeo!

We get the fight every time we are out there. We'll have at least 100 people around the trailer watching the fights. People pull up in the golf carts and watch the fights. We put the screen on the side of the trailer.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread