That thing which connects to the control arm

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Ok got a question here regarding a piece which is connected to the control arm, I was driving around and everytime I pass over a bump I hear a noise like a washer is completely loose. I go underneath my L today after work to find out that whenever I bang on my stabalizer bar, the clining sound would come up. It's this piece which is linked on the control arm, it's in a vertical position and it stock it has a black piece of plastic on it. It's like a screw driver about 15 cm's long.

On the picture of a Hotckis TVS kit as seen at LFP (http://lightningforceperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=164&products_id=255) they're the golden colored with sort of rubber ends just at the middle of the front sway bar. What's this thing called cause I really need a new pair pronto!

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Aha ok, thanks alot...should a local NAPA store carry it?? I'm planning on getting the TVS anyway but untill then I really need something to replace it with.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Ohh great, I'll check in the morning...btw the correct name is sway bar end link...ha ha was searching a bit extra but thanks alot for the quick response! Happy thanks giving to you guys

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I think that the lightning's are the same kit as the F150's... Try NAPA # 265-1323. If that doesn't work I can get you a Energy Suspension #.

nielsio

Luving the sun here!
Established Member
Ha ha, Chris you're the man! I sneeked out of work to go to the nearest NAPA store here on the island and indeed that is the code. I picked up a set and will be changing them tomorrow hopefully. The part number is exactly the one they also gave here. Thanks for the effort!

Users who are viewing this thread