The 2010's Have Started Shipping

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
they are just wanting the camaro's to hit the road first so you guys can follow up and run them off of the road!

StillIntense

Established Member
Thanks sgt d, like a good NCO you made me bust out laughing when I was really pissed off!
That is what this gentleman said, clutch spring. Don't know any more than that. I have a feeling, based on some things that he said, that Ford is feeling some pressure to get this the heck done and get the darn cars out the door. They are definitely running out of excuses and things to do at this point.
Interestingly, I also told him that I found it shocking that I could buy a $5 book from Amazon.com and know where it's at in the shipping process at all times, but couldn't do the same thing with a $50k car. He flat out admitted that Fords tracking process is broken and needs to be fixed. I told him that this is the kind of issue that drives some people to buy foreign cars.....it's just not that tough.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Thanks sgt d, like a good NCO you made me bust out laughing when I was really pissed off!
That is what this gentleman said, clutch spring. Don't know any more than that. I have a feeling, based on some things that he said, that Ford is feeling some pressure to get this the heck done and get the darn cars out the door. They are definitely running out of excuses and things to do at this point.
Interestingly, I also told him that I found it shocking that I could buy a $5 book from Amazon.com and know where it's at in the shipping process at all times, but couldn't do the same thing with a $50k car. He flat out admitted that Fords tracking process is broken and needs to be fixed. I told him that this is the kind of issue that drives some people to buy foreign cars.....it's just not that tough.

I hear you on that, I received a call yesterday from my local dealership offering me my deposit back. I might just take it and buy a different car. I was expecting this car back in March and here it is June and still no car now the word is the first week of July...:shrug:

StillIntense

Established Member
The thing that bothers me is that I'm starting to just not care anymore, and that ain't good. When I'm spending this kind of money (I'm not rich, retired military) I don't think that I should have to put up with this kind of aggravation. Funny, but the high level guy at Ford that I mentioned that "we want these cars to be perfect when you get them". I replied, "they are supposed to be perfect when they roll of the damned assembly line, not two months later". That's why Ford has thousands of engineers and test facilities....
In the end, I've decided that I'm going to wait for it to be delivered and then inspect the heck out of it. And if the bird crap and rail dust and weather hasn't damaged the paint in the two months since it was built, then I'll probably take the car. Otherwise, the dealer will just have to sell it to someone else. Still really love the car, but this has taken a lot of the fun out of it.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
We're going to be using the 20" True Forged Sebrings we have now for our street setup. We'll be painting them to match the car though.

Whatcha gonna do with the stockers??? Lemme know what you want for them!!!----I Got dibs!!!

:banana:

:pop:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
The thing that bothers me is that I'm starting to just not care anymore, and that ain't good. When I'm spending this kind of money (I'm not rich, retired military) I don't think that I should have to put up with this kind of aggravation. Funny, but the high level guy at Ford that I mentioned that "we want these cars to be perfect when you get them". I replied, "they are supposed to be perfect when they roll of the damned assembly line, not two months later". That's why Ford has thousands of engineers and test facilities....
In the end, I've decided that I'm going to wait for it to be delivered and then inspect the heck out of it. And if the bird crap and rail dust and weather hasn't damaged the paint in the two months since it was built, then I'll probably take the car. Otherwise, the dealer will just have to sell it to someone else. Still really love the car, but this has taken a lot of the fun out of it.

Just relax dude. What color car did you order? Options? Price? I'll take it off your hands if you don't want it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Finally. The first 2010 GT500 in the hands of the few. Guy says he paid MSRP. Grabber blue, stripe delete coupe.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The site burped for about 10 minutes and a double post came up.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Dont know where guys are coming up with these are not being shipped? Local dealer by me just got one in today also kona blue w/white stripes :shrug:

StillIntense

Established Member
CapnKirk, thanks, but I guess I'm just old fashioned enough to expect customers to be treated like, oh, I don't know, like maybe customers. Not waited on hand and foot or anything mind you, just helped out a bit.
It is a Grabber Blue coupe, white stripes, Shaker 1000. Your buy it now price is $50k.....
SkyHighSD: I believe that a few left the plant before the clutch spring hold was started. Not many, but a few. Also, I'm sure that as the cars are repaired, they will be shipped but it will be no where near the order that they were produced.

StillIntense

Established Member
Weird. Dealer just called right after I finished typing the previous post. My car left Flat Rock today and is enroute. Expected here in SC about June 22d. Date will be locked in on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

chuckstang

Established Member
dont like this one as much in stripe delete mainly because of the fugly hood heat extractor

I liked the dual vents better on a stripe delete

looooks way to much like an evo up front with no stripes! dammmm

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Weird. Dealer just called right after I finished typing the previous post. My car left Flat Rock today and is enroute. Expected here in SC about June 22d. Date will be locked in on Monday or Tuesday of next week.
So...Your "informant" fed you some BS yesterday or what?

StillIntense

Established Member
No, I'm sure that he didn't, because he is public enough that he wouldn't want to embarass himself. I just think that this is a serious moving target, and he got the story yesterday. Today, its a different story. Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that's been following this bouncing ball.

CapnKirk and skyhighsd: h*&^ yeah! Like the three previous times that I was told it's inbound!!!
This does look like the real deal though, since the tracking number is now showing up at the dealer...

Users who are viewing this thread