the downside to DIB

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
The color is beautiful but,i cant seem to keep this bastard clean lol. It attracts every dirt particle within 100 yards. I spend 2 hours cleaning it and its filthy after 2 minutes of driving it. Would the rousche side splitters help keep road grime from splashing up? Should i look into opti guard?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Those of us with black feel your pain, my friend, but they look GREAT when they're clean!

Still looking for pics of your new wheels, BTW...

Last edited:

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
Norton i know i know lol with all the snow and bad weather i javent washed the car until today and after driving only a few miles she was filthy after 2 hoursbof hand,detailing...ugh lol. I am gina have to go to car washes i guess because i dont normally have the time to keep this beast clean by my own efforts. Since mine is a DD some kind of permanent paint protection might be the best call for me. Norton i swear ill take pictures one day lol

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The color is beautiful but,i cant seem to keep this bastard clean lol. It attracts every dirt particle within 100 yards. I spend 2 hours cleaning it and its filthy after 2 minutes of driving it. Would the rousche side splitters help keep road grime from splashing up? Should i look into opti guard?

Coming from a Sonic Blue 2003 Cobra, I know what you mean. That's one of the many reasons I opted for the metallic flecked grey on my 2013. It does so much better at hiding dust. I have the Roush splitters as well as Opti Guard on my car. They help with big stuff, but you're still going to get pollen/dust settling on the car no matter what. It's easy to get off with a california duster if you stay on it and don't let it accumulate though.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I know how you feel as well. I am coming from a black Z06. I hated how hard it was to keep that car clean. This is one of the reasons I picked Grabber Blue.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I absolutely love my color but it is a bitch to keep clean, every time after I drive her I wipe it down and I wax the car once every 3 weeks.

ThomasL

Established Member
I wash my black car. I drive my black car home. My black car is covered in dirt and dust. Never ending cycle.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Dib is almost impossible to keep clean, I can wash mine and it is covered with dust particles before I get to the end of my driveway.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not sure there's a color that isn't like that to be honest.

I'm thinking about stripping all the paint off of mine and just putting primer on it, that seems to hide the dust well!

Kidding

mullens

Established Member
California Duster then go over it with a good spray detailer. Comes up shining like a new penny in less than 10 min. I use the Chemical Guys stuff but any good detailer will work.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
i have DIB too. i just waxed the car and use armor all soap to wash it. the soap is supposed to have a feature which limits water marks too. its been two weeks and the car is pretty clean, considering all the construction i pass thru here in miami. i love the color tho.

OaktownACE

Established Member
I have Sterling grey. I didn't believe people that it was super easy to keep clean. Although I may be shunned on the board, I haven't washed my car since I picked it up from the dealer in September. Of course I only have a little over 400 miles on it but the California Car duster has been my friend and better yet, my 4 year old loves dusting for me!

Users who are viewing this thread