The Dreaded Drip.......... 95R and 00R Fuel Safe cells, tick, tick, tick.............

brianz426

Established Member
Hi Brian,

Yep...that's the one. I take it you saw it.

Yes Scott I did see it,
Congrats on the purchase. I'd been watching 95r's on ebay for some time. I purchased #86 from a fellow forum member and I'm hoping to pick it up this weekend (weather permitting). Best of luck to you.

StillIntense

Established Member
Brian,
Weather looking good for this weekend and Monday in Charleston. How is it up there?
Mark
PS: My garage looks like a used 95 R parts depot. You want the car on the lift when you arrive or want to drive it first?

brianz426

Established Member
Brian,
Weather looking good for this weekend and Monday in Charleston. How is it up there?
Mark
PS: My garage looks like a used 95 R parts depot. You want the car on the lift when you arrive or want to drive it first?

Hi Mark,
I'm sending you an e-mail.

oregon87

Established Member
Guys, I'm not sure if they can do anything but I've got an email into Pyrotect about the possibility of them manufacturing bladders. The owner of the company formerly owned Fuel Safe. The non compete he had recently expired and they are building fuel cells again. I know the guys personally and at worst, they're some of the most stand up guys in the industry. I'll let you know what I come up with.

http://pyrotectstore.com/custom-fuel-cells/

flattrack53

Established Member

oregon87

Established Member
Guys, I just received a reply from my friends at Pyrotect. If you're looking for a replacement bladder for your R, I strongly suggest contacting them. We're talking almost $1000 less than Fuel Safe.

flattrack53

Established Member
I am pretty sure whoever's 00R starts leaking first, we will be sending it to Glens.. That way we never have to replace the bladder!

Kendal Coker

Established Member
Guys, I just received a reply from my friends at Pyrotect. If you're looking for a replacement bladder for your R, I strongly suggest contacting them. We're talking almost $1000 less than Fuel Safe.

Price they gave me was $1800 for the 00R Bladder.

2k7gtcs

Established Member
Anybody ever send one to Glenn's yet?

My bladder started leaking yesterday. Seems to be leaking up high towards the front differential side seemingly coming from a weld area. Anyway I am considering options as I don't track the car but I do drive the car on occasion and want to keep it stock appearance. I could pull the tank and bladder and save the old tank and clean it up. Then store it along with the original front splitter I have stored. Get the new fuel tank and have it powder coated and then never have a leaking bladder again as I plan to keep the car for eternity and a day.

flattrack53

Established Member
Anybody ever send one to Glenn's yet?

My bladder started leaking yesterday. Seems to be leaking up high towards the front differential side seemingly coming from a weld area. Anyway I am considering options as I don't track the car but I do drive the car on occasion and want to keep it stock appearance. I could pull the tank and bladder and save the old tank and clean it up. Then store it along with the original front splitter I have stored. Get the new fuel tank and have it powder coated and then never have a leaking bladder again as I plan to keep the car for eternity and a day.

It's been a long time since you have posted. Welcome back... A while back, someone was talking about sending a bladder to Glen's but I have not heard anything as of yet.

2k7gtcs

Established Member
It's been a long time since you have posted. Welcome back... A while back, someone was talking about sending a bladder to Glen's but I have not heard anything as of yet.

It has been a while. Life is busy. I lurk here weekly but never have anything constructive to add.

I sent an email to Glenn's late last night and I am waiting on a response. I will let everyone know what I find out. I fully intend to send mine in if it come to that and be the guinea pig as it were.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Good news, well not that to you have the leak, but you are planning to send your cell to Glenn's. I went this route on the 95, and was very happy with the results. I will do the same for the 00 when it starts to leak. The replacement must look correct for me.

Norway`R #129

Established Member
Joe,

You sure your brakes didn't cause the fire?? The rear rotor is clearly on fire in that picture!! You'll also notice Joe running back to the car for his Barry Manilow CD's! :rolling:

Grape - ATL and Fuel Safe are owned by the same company and I'd be really surprised if the material they use is any different. Sure you can get the straight 22 rectangular cell to fit but it's going to require lots of cutting which is something most R owners don't want to do.

My price to you guys is less than $1400.

Hi Mark,

Do you still sell a bladder that will fit the 00R? My fuel cell started to leak yesterday and I can not find any repair shop here in Norway that can repair it. I think I can fix it myself if I just got the parts I need.

Hope you can help me.

Eivind

Users who are viewing this thread