The faces of Gen 2 forum

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I thought it might be nice to be able to put a face to a username, so post up pics of your ugly mugs! Recent pics are always better than 20 year old highschool pics, Larry... Maybe Sid or Larry would make it a sticky?

About a year ago with the Z06...
P8211573-vi.jpg

Me and the wifey (Ridnrodslightng) smashed drunk!
Ouachita-vi.jpg

Me finding my nickname for my "member."
P6131372-vi.jpg

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Not what I expected for some reason. It's odd how I've got "imaginary" faces for most people on the site.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
sharkbite, i was always thinking of making a thread like this, but i thought people wouldnt post. looks like its working. know we all know who we are talking to. crazy how you talk to alot of people and dont even know who they are or if its a guy or a girl. cool thread. i'll post pic's later.

GoTime

BooWho?
Established Member
First off, I'd like to wish everyone a safe and happy new year.

Second, great idea sharkbite, always nice to put a face with a name.

Third, here's a face only a mother could love :D

meoldnew.jpg

Black and white side is me in 1970 with the first car I ever bought and the color side is my ugly mug about a year ago.

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Great thread. Wish I could post pic's but I'm still a rookie and don't know how or where to go to practice. I've read the the thread on this topic, but have'nt had any luck!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
gpro71bird said:
Great thread. Wish I could post pic's but I'm still a rookie and don't know how or where to go to practice. I've read the the thread on this topic, but have'nt had any luck!

A quick crash course:

You have to find some place that will host the pics for you and allow you to hot link them to other sites. The Corral.net has a gallery feature, but it won't let you link pictures from the gallery to other web sites. So first you need to host them somewhere. www.snapfish.com, www.theimagehosting.com, or any other site that allows you to post pics and link them.
Now once the pic is hosted, right click on the picture, go to properties and click that. You'll get a box that gives you the basic details of the image. In that box is a line that looks like this:

Address: http://blablabla.com/forums/joesmoespics/01129.jpg
(URL)

Obviously the address is going to be different for every pic. Now highlight that entire address. Just put your mouse cursor on it and hold down the left mouse button while you drag across it. You have to get the entire address and sometimes you don't get the whole thing on the screen at once, so make sure you get the whole thing. After the address is highlighted, right click it and hit "Copy".
Now come back to SVTP.com and where you want to post the picture, do the following:

step one: write this---->
step two: right after [img], with no spaces, right click and hit "Paste"
step three: you now have something that looks like this:
[img]http://blablabla.com/forums/joesmoespics/01129.jpg
go to the end of that line and without a space put at the end.
So now it looks like this:

http://blablabla.com/forums/joesmoespics/01129.jpg[/img}

Add whatever text you want and wala, you have pics on the boards.
I had to make the last bracket in the final demonstration a } because it would have posted a red X if I didn't. If you want the pic to work, that needs to be a "]" not a "}"

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
sharkbite1979 said:
Hey SWThomas, you look thrilled to be there w/ the kid!

Yeah it was a party at my wifes church. I never really go to church with her because I don't like any of the people there and plus I have better things to do on Sunday....Like watch NASCAR. I love hanging out with the rug-rat though.

Users who are viewing this thread