The Georgia State Patrol (in photos)

Tha_PiG

Established Member
I saw this spectacular sight today.

I was attending a class at the Georgia Public Safety Training center.

I left the class for lunch break and saw these cars lined up at the entrance of the training complex.

They were lined up perfectly. I mean PERFECTLY. I've attended TONS of car shows in my time.....

I dont think I've ever seen such a line of cars lined up so precise. Equally spaced, down to the inch. It was very impressive.

It's my understanding that this line of cars will be issued to each Trooper in a graduating class of Georgia State Troopers on Nov. 9th 2011.

Some of us PiGs here in The Peach State like to give the Troopers h3ll and refer to them as "God's Special Police" (GSP) which actually stands for Georgia State Patrol.

They are their own special kind of police for sure... A lot of other officers kid about their cockiness and think they walk around with a "chip on their shoulder".

Well, I am here to tell you that they deserve said "chip" on the shoulder. It is my opinion that they are the finest group of Law Enforcement Officers in the Sate. Their basic Law Enforcement training far exceeds any other basic mandate school in the state. They are confined to that training center for 4 months. That alone far exceeds any discipline found anywhere else in the state as it pertains to police training. I just cannot imagine that type of confinement for that period of time. And that entire time they are CONSTANTLY supervised! I cant even begin to imagine how mentally challenging that is....

Graduating from this school is one hell of an accomplishment and each new Trooper deserves the Pride that they will be experiencing on this graduation date.

This line of Patrol Cars is a mere sample of the excellence that this Organization displays day-in and day-out.

I congratulate all of these Troopers on this accomplishment and wish them the best of luck in their careers.

Be safe Brothers. :rockon:

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
ah, they don't have them head to toe,, you know, so they can sit and bullshit out the drivers window to each other on the side of the highway!!! I guess the older guys 'll teach'em that move.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Nice pics! Same thing here CHP cars are always shinier and newer looking. A real good friend of mine is a chip and their academy is 6 months live in and no joke.

Synister500

I'm with stupid
Established Member
KSP (Kentucky State Police) are the same way also! I dare someone find a wrinkle in their duty uniform haha. Great pics and you guys be safe.

BJ

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I have a former LEO in the family and the stories he can tell about how ridiculous they are to work with. :rollseyes

I love the paint scheme and tinted windows look.

smitty2919

Established Member
Congrats to those graduating and I respect police in general...but I hate the cops that think they are better than everyone because they have a badge...

Reminds me of Transformers "You know what this is? This is a 'I-can-do-whatever-I-want-and-get-away-with-it' badge..." lol

Monster Mach

Established Member
Gotta respect them.. I hope soon I will be a nysp officer. That will the day I never forget

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

JST A HDA

Established Member
They are confined to that training center for 4 months. That alone far exceeds any discipline found anywhere else in the state as it pertains to police training. I just cannot imagine that type of confinement for that period of time. And that entire time they are CONSTANTLY supervised! I cant even begin to imagine how mentally challenging that is....

Shit they have it made then. OSP (Ohio) is a 7 month live in academy run like a military school. When I was going through my academy the instructors (current popos) always told us that everytime they visited the OSP academy every cadet either said sir or mam if they walked by another officer...regardless is he/she was a statie or not. It takes 9 months just for your application to get processed and passed if it does pass.

Users who are viewing this thread