The GTO...

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
lol @ idareu
you know, you could just ask the dealership, instead of putting it on a lift.
Your bland pontiac need repairs already?

What happened to your Ion Redline? Power was too much for you?
lol this could go on all day

IDAREU

Banned
Back in 1993 I drove a 83 LTD for my winter car. It was three different shades of brown. I even it took it on a road trip to Toronto to see Daniel Ash.
Why is your sig. vancover83LTD? Do you have a 83 LTD?

btw, it was not in for repairs I wanted to see what it look like underneath so they put it on a lift for me when I was purchasing it.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
idareu said:
Back in 1993 I drove a 83 LTD for my winter car. It was three different shades of brown. I even it took it on a road trip to Toronto to see Daniel Ash.
Why is your sig. vancover83LTD? Do you have a 83 LTD?

btw, it was not in for repairs I wanted to see what it look like underneath so they put it on a lift for me when I was purchasing it.

No, I don't
rolleyes.gif

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Lightning Kid said:
actually it did have duel exhaust in the 04 model year, come one people just cause they come out next 2 each other does not mean its single exhuast. If you dont believe me go to newagegto.com and post a question there.

It's not dual exhaust. It uses a Y pipe just like in the other GM V-8's which means it's not true dual exhaust.

IDAREU

Banned
Go get a 2004 Gto brochure they have a picture of the underside, there is no Y pipe there. Here is what Pontiac says about the exhaust

"Try running a quarter mile with your mouth closed. Doesn't work. Same with a car. At wide open throttle, the LS1 engine uses approximately eight cubic feet of air per second. Which means it requires an exceptionally high flow, low restriction intake and exhaust system. THIS IS WHY WE MADE THE GTO EXHAUST SYSTEM A TRUE DUAL, WITH TWO LARGE DIAMETER SYSTEMS TOTALLY INDEPENDENT FROM EACH OTHER- FROM THE EXHAUST BANKS TO THE DUAL CHROME TIPS POKING MENACINGLY FROM BENEATH THE REAR FASCIA. EACH BANK HAS ITS OWN CATALYTIC CONVERTER, RESONATOR, AND MUFFLER!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
idareu said:
Go get a 2004 Gto brochure they have a picture of the underside, there is no Y pipe there. Here is what Pontiac says about the exhaust

"Try running a quarter mile with your mouth closed. Doesn't work. Same with a car. At wide open throttle, the LS1 engine uses approximately eight cubic feet of air per second. Which means it requires an exceptionally high flow, low restriction intake and exhaust system. THIS IS WHY WE MADE THE GTO EXHAUST SYSTEM A TRUE DUAL, WITH TWO LARGE DIAMETER SYSTEMS TOTALLY INDEPENDENT FROM EACH OTHER- FROM THE EXHAUST BANKS TO THE DUAL CHROME TIPS POKING MENACINGLY FROM BENEATH THE REAR FASCIA. EACH BANK HAS ITS OWN CATALYTIC CONVERTER, RESONATOR, AND MUFFLER!

wow, they actually put it in bold type like that in the brochure?

IDAREU

Banned
Vancouver83LTD said:
wow, they actually put it in bold type like that in the brochure?

oK SMARTY, that was done on purpose, to highlight that it does have dual exhaust. :shrug:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Pontiac is advertising a new groud effect kit thats a little more aggressive than the fugly car they've got out now. its still an underpowered overpriced pos compared to the cobra.

IDAREU

Banned
TomBoJangles said:
Pontiac is advertising a new groud effect kit thats a little more aggressive than the fugly car they've got out now. its still an underpowered overpriced pos compared to the cobra.

I don't understand. From what people think here 29k is a good deal on a 04 Cobra and you think $23k for a new Gto is overpriced? Yes it is not 390Hp but it is a bigger car that anyone over 6ft would feel comfortable in. It still has 350 hp. Pos? My Gto does not have a ticking motor, or any wheel hop, or any type of vibe at 80mph or any of the other problems I had with my 03 Cobra.

blown331

Established Member
GTO is bland. But, you can get one used for practically nothing. Probably the most comfortable seats on the market. Great engine, great stereo, available mods, and its pretty damn fast. I would drive one if I wanted a sporty driver. It is much more practical as a daily driver than a cobra. I would still much rather have a cobra but the car does have some very good points. Price is a joke but people and dealers are coming around.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
idareu said:
Really, what is your sig all about 83Ltd?

Oh, well I'm a big fan of South Park. In one episode there's this alien that abducts the children and takes the form of stan's (?) father, and the kids are all "That's gay, that's like that crappy movie signs, that movie sucked"
And he's all how about this? and he changes into tons of weird forms, and the kids all say no. And so finally, the alien goes "Fine, what would you like me to turn into?"

"A taco"
"That craps ice cream"

so this is the alien, as a taco, that craps ice cream. That's what it's all about

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
blown331 said:
GTO is bland. But, you can get one used for practically nothing. Probably the most comfortable seats on the market. Great engine, great stereo, available mods, and its pretty damn fast. I would drive one if I wanted a sporty driver. It is much more practical as a daily driver than a cobra. I would still much rather have a cobra but the car does have some very good points. Price is a joke but people and dealers are coming around.

More practical?
You're kidding.
there's no trunk space at all - they had to put a gas tank in the trunk, remember?

IDAREU

Banned
There is a ton more room in the rear for passengers. When I put my little guy in his car seat behind me in the Cobra I really had no room up front. With the gto I don't even need to move my seat up, there is that much room in the back!

umustdv8

Established Member
I've seen 2 in Boca Raton this week. They sounded good, but the look is not my taste. Too bad I wasn't in my Cobra. I would have loved to show them who's boss :-D

Users who are viewing this thread