The proven best Terminator cooling mod EVER!

945LSTANG

Established Member
I think it would be awesome! I didn't go through the entire thread, but are there other pics from different angles?

945LSTANG

Established Member
Did you at least read page one?

If so, then you saw the different angle pics that are available, IF NOT.... WTF?:bash::poke:

Yes...:bash:

I was just curious if there was a shot from the front of the car with the hood closed.

black 10th vert

Established Member
So where is this at? It appears that there is a decent amount of interest here. Has Tiger been contacted about a possible group buy? Would they even be responsive to adapting it to be compatible with the stock hinges and latches, or is this something we would be responsible for handling on our own? I have the skills to be able to do it, but would obviously prefer a "factory built" piece that I could just prep and paint - especially with the cost involved.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So where is this at? It appears that there is a decent amount of interest here. Has Tiger been contacted about a possible group buy? Would they even be responsive to adapting it to be compatible with the stock hinges and latches, or is this something we would be responsible for handling on our own? I have the skills to be able to do it, but would obviously prefer a "factory built" piece that I could just prep and paint - especially with the cost involved.

Ronnie sent Paul Brown (Tiger racing) an email that he responded to somewhat favorably, but he is racing a BOSS 302S in a competitive series so he has not got a lot of time right now, or at least as much as he would like.

I think it's going to happen but the series is eating up a lot of his time right now.
Plus he's kicking ass so I wouldn't want to stop and make hoods either.
I can wait, I know it will be right if it's made by him, let's see how it goes with the series and give him a chance to get caught up.:beer:

Paul Brown Shows What the Lucas Oil, K&N, Tiger Racing Boss 302S can do at World Challenge GTS : Lucas Oil

Tiger Racing

SCCA Pro Racing World Challenge

Ford Racing's Boss 302S Takes Second Place Finish | Miscellaneous Blog & Discussion at Mustang & Fords Magazine

black 10th vert

Established Member
That's great news! I'm in no particular hurry anyway, and would much rather wait for a nicer product anyway.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That looks like a fine team Paul has there. I can well imagine how busy Paul must be. But good things come to those who wait. :)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Not for the faint of heart, but it is VERY effective.:rockon::bowdown:

There are some people in the Terminator enthusiast community, that also enjoy hard tracking their cars, that have mentioned that they would be very likely to purchase this, if a full function, hinge and latch capable version was made of this hood right here.

DSC02401-1.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

If Tiger Racing could be convinced that there was sufficient and very interested market for a FULL FUNCTION....not lift off version --> like the hood shown here (which was custom fabbed from a stock hood combined with a Tiger hood)... Tiger-Racing

Would you be interested in buying one? Yes it clears the Eaton and a fairly large KB as well!

I know I would. Currently it is only available in lift off form in both CARBON FIBER(8lbs) and FIBER GLASS(20lbs).
From this thread-> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/open-track-racing-203/760083-what-hood.html

Post up if you would like to see this product come to market in non-lift off form.

BTW is that a blanket or is it just painted black underneath?

I need this hood. :fm::fm::fm:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I need this hood... have I mentioned that before? I really really need this hood to keep my car cool.... I NEEEEEEEEEED THIS HOOD!!!

realisticly (sp?) is this going to happen and if yes when? cause I don't think I will wait much longer, either I cut up my Cervinis hood and get the less ideal air flow or I will buy the lift off version... which would kinda suck for inspection or being pulled over by cops.
how on earth would I be able to lift off the hood by myself? unless I buy the carbon fiber version... which then again is more expensive and more illegal :shrug:

ok, enough of the whining... sorry guys :D

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I need this hood... have I mentioned that before? I really really need this hood to keep my car cool.... I NEEEEEEEEEED THIS HOOD!!!

realisticly (sp?) is this going to happen and if yes when? cause I don't think I will wait much longer, either I cut up my Cervinis hood and get the less ideal air flow or I will buy the lift off version... which would kinda suck for inspection or being pulled over by cops.
how on earth would I be able to lift off the hood by myself? unless I buy the carbon fiber version... which then again is more expensive and more illegal :shrug:

I have considered the lift off as well, but that is pretty much a no go when in the pits at the track for me.

I plan to check in again shortly. I'm even willing to pay mine in advance. :lol:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

I imagine Paul is still knee deep in his racing season. If I had to guess it will probably be at least 2 to 3 months before one could be shipped if this happens at all.

I'm going to get something if the lift off is all that's available when I'm ready then that's what I'll get, though I am not pressed for time.

The fiber glass lift off is only 20 pounds which does not sound too terribly bad if I need to lift it off.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Not so good news:

We haven't even had a chance to think about it. Between what Ford Racing has us doing with the Boss program and a shop fuller than normal,
It's been tough. Until I recoupe from the ford deal, we just don't have the resources to jump into another project.

Tiger Racing

Hmmm. 8lbs for the vacuum bagged carbon lift off. I wonder how manageable that would be in the garage and on the pits. :dw:

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Not so good news:

We haven't even had a chance to think about it. Between what Ford Racing has us doing with the Boss program and a shop fuller than normal,
It's been tough. Until I recoupe from the ford deal, we just don't have the resources to jump into another project.

Tiger Racing

Hmmm. 8lbs for the vacuum bagged carbon lift off. I wonder how manageable that would be in the garage and on the pits. :dw:

let me know when you find out :-D

I think I'm going to have my shop fab me some custom vents like the ones that Steve of TrueForged wanted to do a while back (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/597041-possible-new-product-custom-road-race-style-hood-vents.html) but instead of flat vents we're going to shape them like the tiger vents, louvered or whatever this is called.

requires to cut up my hood but if this is what it takes to keep my car cool then I'll gladly do that :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread