The real thing caught by a tourist

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
Originally posted by jwfisher
That's because that pic is a show car - it never was the *real* thing.

But they said that the production will looks 90 % like it

jwfisher

Banned
And so does the car shown in the spy pics. Stretch it to a 4-seater, put on normal size tires, change the tailights - voila.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
Just because the size isn't the same...
Doesn't mean it won't LOOK the same.

Proportions are different (obviously)
the size on the concept is low/sleek/wide,
the production will be more along the lines of the current car with the looks of the concept.

Basically take the 99-04s

-move the wheels forward 2-3 inches
-tad wider
-tad lower (0.5-1 inch)
-slap on the 05 body kit
Thats what it'll be.

I LOVE the stance on the 05.
The proportions are perfect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by saadcobra
But they said that the production will looks 90 % like it
When I asked my dealer how close the actual car would be to the concept he said "very different". HOW different remains to be seen. I hope the general public isn't expecting the car to be 90% like the concept and then it changes to something different enough to be disappointing. I hate it when a manufacturer showcases a concept over and over again in public, in mags, etc. and leads the public into thinking that that is the car they'll be producing. Marketing hype to get the public excited of course. We'll know soon enough, though. I just hope it is as nice as the public expects it to be. Isn't it being unveiled in August?

jwfisher

Banned
Concepts are almost never the same as production. They are not even necessarily built on the production-intended chassis.

I can't see the production car being unveiled this year at all. It is believed it will be shown in January at NAIAS... probably to counter the C6 'vette introduction. If we are *way* lucky, we'll get the production car in January and a Cobra *concept* in February in Chicago (after all, we got the concept Lightning a year early). But, I don't believe the Mustang will actually be in any kind of early production until probably July 2004.

But, all this is speculation right now.

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by saadcobra
Looks not like what is in the pic down !!!

Sorry but how could you tell anything with that horrific leopard print shit on the side, convertible top taped to the roof, and bed sheet wrapped around the ass? This is more likely a chassis and NVH car. The skin wasn't even on the car.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by jwfisher
That's because that pic is a show car - it never was the *real* thing.
That's too bad because this is the sweetest looking mustang ever!

attachment.php

CobraVertWV

Gotta have more
Established Member
It's funny, I didn't like the SN-95s when they first came out, then they grew on me. Now I love the look of 'em. Same deal with the New Edge design. I guess I'm just a good 'ol Ford boy!:burnout:

davidmax

Established Member
I like the prototype 05' All it needs is a blown 351 windsor at 625 rrwhp and a small V8 as the base and the 390 motor as an option and I would buy 1 post haste,Dave Smilovic

Mayhem

Established Member
One thing you have to consider about that hideous spotted base model, it is a base model. Try parking a Mach 1 or a Cobra next to a 2003 base model with crappy wheels and a leopard skin spandex thong. You probably wouldn't guess that they were even the same year.

Users who are viewing this thread