Votes: 52 25.9%
  • Not Acceptable

Votes: 149 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
So...... Is this a poll about the use of the word "Termi" ..... or the word "Terminator" ??

Shoot.. I owned my 04 for 5 years before I knew about the "Terminator" refrence. Funny thing is that I actually saw it on the plate of a GT500 owner. He explaned it was the old plate off his '04, and further explained the project name story.

Personally, I only use the Terminator refrence when discussing the 03/04 cars as a combined topic. And generally, only around folks that know what it means.

I do cringe a bit when I hear the "Termi" refrence. Wont call anyone out on it, just one of those "too cute" little terms that does not belong around any permorfance car.

Can we call cameros a "camy"? ;)

Jlt1776

Established Member
I call my car a mustang. No need to gloat to people when mostly nobody you talk to actually knows about cars. It always leaves a little bit of surprise and admiration when people see my car.

"bro this is an svt cobra that's sick, why didn't you tell me? You said it was a mustang!"

It is a mustang, there sport.

Oh yes someone with my exact thoughts thank you could not have said better :beer:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
This is too damn funny!!

The votes tell the story here. Personally, I don't like it and wondered what everyone else thought.

I haven't and won't call anyone out on it, I was just getting the consensus.

Carry on.

04SVTMystic

Powered By Cyberdyne
Established Member
Don't like Termi but I also don't refer to my car as a Terminator in public, only where people know it was the developmental code name for the project.

MGC

Established Member
I think it's mainly an Internet thing, never actually heard someone say termi, I don't like it but it doesn't really bother me

mrose75

Established Member
Hate it.... I have gotten to the point where I ignore it now, but it used to irk the sh!t out of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So...... Is this a poll about the use of the word "Termi" ..... or the word "Terminator" ??

Shoot.. I owned my 04 for 5 years before I knew about the "Terminator" refrence. Funny thing is that I actually saw it on the plate of a GT500 owner. He explaned it was the old plate off his '04, and further explained the project name story.

Personally, I only use the Terminator refrence when discussing the 03/04 cars as a combined topic. And generally, only around folks that know what it means.

I do cringe a bit when I hear the "Termi" refrence. Wont call anyone out on it, just one of those "too cute" little terms that does not belong around any permorfance car.

Can we call cameros a "camy"? ;)

Agree.

This thread, this disagreement, this somewhat trivial controversy.... Would not even exist if the shortened nick name had been shortened by just one more letter.

TERM... :bored: Term would have never even raised an eyebrow.

Oh well.... It is what it is and people can call it what they want.

I most often refer to it as my Mustang, though I do sometimes use "my Cobra". I must admit I don't think I have ever said "my terminator", so there would have never been any need to shorten that in the first place.

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
thkermit.jpg
:lol:

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
The poll is pretty much yes or no... Like I said, personally I hate it, but whatever. Normally, I just use Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread