things to check

nastyl

Established Member
well fellas i finally have one, i bought a 2000 lightning.
has 133k
full bassini exhaust.
what should i check with that kinda mileage? and what mods to do first?

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Ensure the cruise control recall was performed so your truck doesn't go up in flames.

'99-'00 has problems with a leaking intercooler. Makes sure it's been remedied. I also suggest cleaning the intercooler, look in to "How-To" section for directions. Once it's cleaned put an oil separator on the truck to help keep it clean. I recommend the L&S Oil Separator.

Change the in-line fuel filter and continue doing so every 2-3 oil changes.

Replace the engine coolant and the intercooler coolant.

Oil change.

Mods: 4# or 6# lower pulley, tune, cold-air induction, spark plugs of the proper gap and heat range, cat-back exhaust and gauges to keep tabs on the vitals.

Welcome to the Lightning brotherhood!!

nastyl

Established Member
Ensure the cruise control recall was performed so your truck doesn't go up in flames.

'99-'00 has problems with a leaking intercooler. Makes sure it's been remedied. I also suggest cleaning the intercooler, look in to "How-To" section for directions. Once it's cleaned put an oil separator on the truck to help keep it clean. I recommend the L&S Oil Separator.

Change the in-line fuel filter and continue doing so every 2-3 oil changes.

Replace the engine coolant and the intercooler coolant.

Oil change.

Mods: 4# or 6# lower pulley, tune, cold-air induction, spark plugs of the proper gap and heat range, cat-back exhaust and gauges to keep tabs on the vitals.

Welcome to the Lightning brotherhood!!

what tuner do u suppose i should run? the truck will never tow.

what intake?

owner told me it has full bassini exhaust i looked at the headers but they look like stock.

gauges i will be getting i will be using the scangauge

Users who are viewing this thread