Thinking of a 2004 Cobra... clear my doubts?

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I look at my Cobra as a MUSCLE CAR not a sports car. I know lots of Cobra owners here will disagree. I think you will be disappointed with a Terminator.

Last edited:

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
i think with the budget your working with you will be able to bule a great car that lives up to all your expectations but if i was you i would find a car thats already bult up and work from there im shure there are alot of othere guys on here that will agrey that they will not git the monny back out of the car they bult

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Hi guys I owned a gt35r turbocharged 2005 s2000 in Turkey, It made 520 whp or so, stock motor nothing much... handled amazing though.

YouTube - Project01 FR kit S2000 turbo street runs

here is the video of it

Now, Im moving to orlando and want something I cant find over here, so I was thinking of a terminator cobra, I love those cars but heres my questions:

1. How much PSI can it handle on a Whipple 2.3l stock? safely on 93 octane?

2. what would be the best supporting mods for the whipple, for a daily driver.

3. will it handle good on kw variant 3 coilovers and eibach sway bars?

4. Will it be faster than a Ferrari F458 Italia? My s2k easily pulled on a scuderia..

5. Now Im no ricer but I hate the steering wheel and shifter and seats of the cobra, can you put a 3 spoke wheel and recaro seats on it while retaining the horn?

6. does the interior rattle much? how is build quality... and Im not much of a drag racing guy, more of a street/rolling and road racing guy.. will I be satisfied?

Thanks again...I love the car but need views from someone who uses it for what i will

Doesn't sound like the Terminator is the car for you. It might be better to start with an 99-01 cobra, build a motor with a TT kit, and change out the interior/suspension as you stated. In the end, you will still be under your budget and possibly in the range of power you desire. BTW, you won't be able to get the rattles out.

Evill Supra

Established Member
If you are moving to Orlando you might as well buy a Supra. Titan Motorsports is headquartered there and has built many Supras. The build quality, handling, and braking is much better than the Cobra as is the interior and fit and finish. You can put a smallish 67mm turbo on it and make around 520whp on pump gas and 700whp on race fuel. If that isn't enough power go with a larger turbo. The stock internals will hold 800whp reliably as long as the tune is good. The only downside is having to wait for boost to come on, but there are ways around that with the new quick spool valve that goes between the turbo and the header to increase spool. Insurance, registration, and taxes should also be much less since they are older vehicles, but parts cost more due to the Supra tax. The hard part is finding a quality example as there aren't very many stock ones left and those that are left that are stock and low miles are going for $40K+. Good luck.

Steve

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
A friend just made 627 on a mustang dyno... SAE..

20psi from a 2.6KB 17 degrees on 93 octane

Most people that have a terminator, and really really enjoy owning are the guys that post around on here from day to day, the ones who know the story of the design and building of the terminator, and the ones that understand it's potential.

Check out the book " iron fist lead foot" that will give you a nice story of the background..

I've ran into issue after issues with mine.. and it might make a new noise every month. But there is nothing like dropping the clutch at the drag strip at 5K and hearing the blower whine, or making pulls against high dollar cars and watching them wonder how such a simple setup runs so good..

Buy a terminator and put 1500 into and you can have a 500ish rwhp car

Spend 4500 and you'll have a 130mph+ car

Users who are viewing this thread