Thoughts on gauges

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
With swapping to a 2.76 pulley I want to be able to monitor what's going on with the engine more. I was thinking about a 3 gauge pillar with a wideband but am not sure on the other 2. I figure ill do the boost overlay for the boost gauge so I don't take up a spot for that. What do you guys recommend?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I have my boost controller and wideband in my glovebox. Not a big fan of cluttered cockpits and gauge pillars.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I find myself focused on where I am going under full throttle, not what my gauges are reading. If your focus is knowing what's going on in great detail, do some data-logging. It is very simple and much more accurate.

Like Rotor, I don't like the look of added gauges, especially pillars.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
fuel pressure, oil pressure and a wideband would be my choice. I currently have the Shelby center gauge pod and it has the boost, oil and fuel pressure and the next gauge I would add is the wideband for air fuel and other.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I have the aeroforce gauges and I was excited about them at first but, now I'm not so sure. They read everything via the OBDII. I'm not sure I've fully figured them out which may be part of my problem. I'll keep them in for now but, I may pull them and just go with regular gauges. I agree with Mark's suggestions for gauges if you want to put some in the car.

I'd like to do some datalogging, as Ben suggest, once I swap my blower. I've never done it so, I'll have to get some assistance with it but, it's a good idea. Then just have the gauges to keep an eye on things.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Just keep one eye on the road!

images

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. The gauges would be for monitoring in real time not to stare at while going balls to the walls.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
That's why I like the glovebox... There when I need it, out of sight when I don't. That, and the NGK wideband is a box and not a pod... Not much else of a place to put it.

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
All I have is a innovate mtxl wide band. I like it but they want u to re calibrate the sensor every week if it's a daily driver. And it's a pain to do with a lowered car.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
All I have is a innovate mtxl wide band. I like it but they want u to re calibrate the sensor every week if it's a daily driver. And it's a pain to do with a lowered car.

On unleaded fuel you're OK to go a while without recalibrating. What sensor do you have?

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
Don't be mad because you can't afford them, Tony. I only keep extra ammo in my glove box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread