Three Generations of Ford GT

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
nice find. had no idea about standing start or gt40 is only car same vin to win lemans 2x.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great video. Great 3-some of GTs. As much as I love the '05 GT, for me it's a no brainer. The superior '18 GT. Perfection all around. But heck, I'd love to own any one of those three. ;)

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Gimme the doors that open up and along with the ability to raise and lower entire car at push of the button please!!!

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
MK1 without hesitation. The history, the technology, one of the first road legal mid-engine cars even before Ferrari, and Lamborghini. Annnd that roar coming through the bundle of snakes exhaust. As for power to weight? Hands down it goes to the MK1. MK1-2,300lbs, 05-3,500lbs, 18-3,000lbs. Nothing beats an original.

Last edited:

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
To clarify, I like to drive my cars (even though my ‘66 has been on jackstands for 6 months), which is why I’d take a 2005-6 first. If the ‘18 was a manual I’d probably take it #1, but the auto is a deal-breaker for me in a car like that. So choice #2 would be a first gen GT. A little gas smell wouldn’t scare me away. It is by far the most impressive looking to me in person.

But they are all incredible cars.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The driver was correct, driving the Superformance GT40 takes all of your attention. You are rewarded with feedback that is hard to duplicate. The Superformance is challenging to drive in traffic, it has huge blind spots so you have to stay aware of who you are passing. Without air conditioning you cannot drive the Superformance (in the summer).

I would still own the Superformance...LOL

E

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Manual trans cars are a dying format. You might wanna rethink your stance manual or bust.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yeah, because everyone has Treynor money for an authentic GT40.

Pick your poison.
no kidding, an authentic GT40 is in the millions. At that point there are plenty of other cars to be had. Shit, cars and trucks and a trailer to tow!

BTW, those interested in a '06 Ford GT, heres one up for bid with UNDER 1,200 miles, times running out!!!!
1K-Mile 2005 Ford GT

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I was really hoping they would line them all up on a run way and pit them against each other. Someone needs to do it. 2018 wins for sure, but I think between the 1st and 2nd gens would be a good race.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yeah, because everyone has Treynor money for an authentic GT40.

I'm not sure if even Treynor has authentic GT40 money. Yeah, he has millions of dollars worth of cars, but I don't think he'd be too inclined to plunk down, what, $10M for a real GT40.

I was really hoping they would line them all up on a run way and pit them against each other. Someone needs to do it. 2018 wins for sure, but I think between the 1st and 2nd gens would be a good race.

The original GT40 could hit over 200MPH on the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans. The MkI only weighed around 2200 lbs. The new GT is over 50% heavier. Somehow, I don't think the new GT would just run away from it. From a standstill, yeah. If they all have a head of steam going, I think the '05 GT would be bringing up the rear while the original and the baby battle for first.

Users who are viewing this thread