Ticket Question...

68Stang

I got your Zoom Zoom
Established Member
I got a citation for my speed last night. I could go on about how I wasn't speeding, well, at least not to the extent he said I was (clocked 77), cruise at 70 (65 at night)). But we would go on for months about how you've all heard the story a million times etc. etc...

Anyways, I was reading my ticket and under violations it says "Speeding (MFR)". What is "MFR"? Is this guy calling me an MF'R ;). Just curious what it means.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
No, it probably means "Moving Front Radar." Anything over ten percent of the posted speed limit is 2 points on your driving record upon conviction.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Could mean 100 different things. Call the PD that gave you the ticket and have them ask the officer.

jshen

Established Member
In my day, we all would add comments to the ticket. It helped me remember case and attitude of the driver. One officer used the code DFN after the defendants name in a report. It came back to haunt him when defense atty asked him during a trial in a very crowded court what the DFN meant...the reluctance of the officer to answer only made matters worse and the judge chimed in and demanded he answer the question...it came out DFN stood for Dumb, Fu**ing, Ni***r. This was back in the late 70's and he wasn't fired...but did become the brunt of many jokes by other officers.

Today's officers are much more professional and although they still use codes on citations- I haven't seen an inappropriate one yet.

Last edited:

BEAVER SNIFFER

Established Member
jshen said:
In my day, we all would add comments to the ticket. It helped me remember case and attitude of the driver. One officer used the code DFN after the defendants name in a report. It came back to haunt him when defense atty asked him during a trial in a very crowded court what the DFN meant...the reluctance of the officer to answer only made matters worse and the judge chimed in and demanded he answer the question...it came out DFN stood for Dumb, Fu**ing, Ni***r. This was back in the late 70's and he wasn't fired...but did become the brunt of many jokes by other officers.

Today's officers are much more professional and although they still use codes on citations- I haven't seen an inappropriate one yet.

Now this is an example of unprofessional behavior that would get a ticket dismissed. Was his name Furman?:-D

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
jshen said:

We used "F.A.T." = Failed Attitude Test. This one gentleman written was over 300 pounds. Imagine the courtroom discourse.

Users who are viewing this thread