ticket

96svtsnakebite

Established Member
A couple saturdays ago, I was driving my girlfriend's jeep, due to my car being broken. Well, I got pulled over in a 45 mph doing 64 mph. The speed limit went from 55 to 45, completely didn't see the sign plus the speedometer is off because of the rims and tires. I had no clue i was speeding. But to get the point, I got a ticket. The officer told me just to go online and pay it. Now the ticket states that i dont have to appear in court but when I went online to try to pay the ticket, it says I MUST appear. This is my first ticket, EVER and I've been driving for 7 years. Is there any way to beat it or get it lowered. I live in carrollton, GA.

Zemedici

Established Member
A couple saturdays ago, I was driving my girlfriend's jeep, due to my car being broken. Well, I got pulled over in a 45 mph doing 64 mph. The speed limit went from 55 to 45, completely didn't see the sign plus the speedometer is off because of the rims and tires. I had no clue i was speeding. But to get the point, I got a ticket. The officer told me just to go online and pay it. Now the ticket states that i dont have to appear in court but when I went online to try to pay the ticket, it says I MUST appear. This is my first ticket, EVER and I've been driving for 7 years. Is there any way to beat it or get it lowered. I live in carrollton, GA.

Did you ask the cop to write it down? I always ask that when I get pulled over, doesnt hurt to ask. You can go to court and ask the prosecutor to reduce it to 14 over (no points) or reduce the fine a little bit. Points on your license will increase your insurance.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

Do as others stated already. It might be beneficial to appear in court and attempt to have it reduced by speaking with prosecutor. But please don't use the excuse of bigger wheels and tires. No harm in pleading for a little mercy.

You couldn't tell you were going over 1.4 times the speed limit? Idiot.

Great advice. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread