Tiger Racing body parts

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
Nice stuff. If they made the louvred heat extractor hood as a bolt on replacement I'd have one already. I've been watching them for the last few years and it's great to see they are heading the bolt on weekend warrior direction with parts.... :beer: After seeing what a difference a larger heat extraction area makes on coolant temps on Carlo's car it would really help.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Absolutely, I have been getting pretty tired of the constant insults directed towards me outside of SD and I am not going to just take it anymore. Do you have a problem with that? If so I do not care.

Maybe it's your constant badgering and snide comments towards a lot of things that have to do with tech. Instead of saying stuff looks ricey, just answer the OP's question that you have never seen a car with those parts on the street and you have no idea about how race car aerodynamics work.

I'm surprised nobody has pointed him towards the user 'racer'. He has many Tiger Racing parts, including the fenders and front lip and even though he's building his car for AIX now, he does drive it on the street, 'rediculous shopping cart wing' and all...

I love TR parts and I also wished they would make a CF replacement hood and fenders for the 99-04 cars. Everyone knows mustangs can use any sort of weight reduction and light weight body parts is a market that no companies have really gotten into yet.

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
That is some ugly ricey stuff...

Absolutely, I have been getting pretty tired of the constant insults directed towards me outside of SD and I am not going to just take it anymore. Do you have a problem with that? If so I do not care.

Wow first you add nothing to the post he wanted pics not YOUR opinion. Then someone gives their opinion to your comment and you go crying that you are getting tired of name calling, geez man might as well report me to cause that was some bitchazzness.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Tiger racing 99/04 mustang fenders

wide_fenders2.jpg

Wide, front fender combination to allow the use of 11" wheels on the front of the 1994-2004 Mustangs. These fenders have a very pronounced flare that rolls on the existing stock wheel flare and travels to the front splitter. The fenders were also designed with an air relief behind the wheel to exhaust turbulent air and brake heat from the fender cavity. The fenders are a very strong structural item with an average weight of 4 lbs. each for the carbon pieces.

1994-1998 Front Fender, 2" wider than stock
- Vacuum bagged carbon - 4 lbs./$769 each
- Fiberglass - 8 lbs./$399 each

1999-2004 Front Fender, 2" wider than stock
- Vacuum bagged carbon - 4 lbs./$769 each
- Fiberglass - 8 lbs./$399 each

Tiger racing 99/04 mustang Splitter:

fender_w_splitter.jpg

To match the fender width, a custom splitter was designed for the 2003-2004 Cobra nose. This piece wraps the stock nose and attaches to the fenders, giving a truly unique look, but one that is fully functional. The splitter also has large dive planes to increase downforce on the front of the vehicle while directing air over the additional width of the fenders. All three pieces are required and are designed to work together. The splitter is made of fiberglass for reasonable off track replacement/repair cost.

2003-04 Splitter for use with Cobra nose and wide fenders, fiberglass - 6 lbs./ $399 each

Louvred Hood:

The hood is a unique design where louvres/vents are placed in the Cobra hood to give maximum heat evacuation from the engine compartment. At the front of the louvres there is a nice radius rise to provide the proper low pressure area and pull air flow out of the engine compartment. This has proven to reduce under hood temperature and allow the engine to run cooler.

hood2.jpg

1999-2004 Heat Extractor Hood
- Vacuum bagged carbon - 8 lbs./ $1195 each
- Fiberglass - 20 lbs./$599

I want one of these hoods bad! I'm pretty sure I could get close to a full 20 minutes in of 9/10ths hard charging without going into limp, if I had one of these and a boxed in rad!

The fiberglass version is not that expensive either.
What is stopping me is.... I don't know if it would clear a 3.5" Whipple pulley.

On Carol"s car she used to run a centri I believe.

BowlinYoungin

Established Member
Has anyone ever seen any of the tiger racing body parts on a street driven 03/04 cobra? It'd be cool to see some of the pics to see what it looks like. Their website is http://www.tiger-racing.com/ And you can find their products after clicking "forsale" on the left. I first saw them when they were listed in one of the mustang magazines as parts used on a sn-95 and i thought their stuff was different...but not all that bad. It is all expensive...but to date i've never seen anything of theirs other than the pictures they have on the website. They offer mild mods like wider fenders for up to 11 inch wide front tires...which dont look too bad imo. The hood they offer is sorta on the ricy side, but yet different. They also make a b/a front splitter, but i dont know how well that would hold up on the street. Then they do some more extreme stuff like vaccum bag carbon roof and such. Anyways, just throwin this stuff out there, didnt know if anyone else has purchased from them before or not. Show some pics if you have. Thanks!

I just threw up in my mouth...

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I'd roll with the hood and splitter...possibly the fenders as well, but then I'd feel the need to widen the rears to match....functional parts are awesome!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wow, this is an old thread! I read almost the whole first page before I looked at the date.:rollseyes Seeing a post by LL is what tipped me off, and made me look at the dates. Anyway, I love that hood too, but the only way I would consider it would be if it used the stock hardware, since my car is not a race car, and I really don't want to drill the radiator support to install pins. Because it's an aftermarket hood, I wouldn't care if I had to run the pins, but I don't want to permanently alter the car by adding them so that I can return it to stock at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread