tinted headlights

Hoppers04GT

Established Member
Just bought my new ford st less then a month ago and i already got pulled over. The car came with tint on the headlights and the p.o. said they were too dark. Anything i can do to not pay this fine? I know the tint is removeable just want to make sure i do this the right way. Any help would be awsome, thanks!

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
do you have a court date, or just a fine to pay? if you have a court date, remove the time before that day and i would imagine you will be ok. be sure and provide proof you have removed it. they will verify.

if you just have a fine to pay, still go ahead and remove it. contact the clerk of courts office and see if they will levy the fine for you.

Hoppers04GT

Established Member
Yes there is a court date on the ticket. I would have removed them on the spot but my girlfriend decided to borrow my car. She loves driving the ST lol

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
do you have a court date, or just a fine to pay? if you have a court date, remove the time before that day and i would imagine you will be ok. be sure and provide proof you have removed it. they will verify.

if you just have a fine to pay, still go ahead and remove it. contact the clerk of courts office and see if they will levy the fine for you.

This. Remove the tint, take a picture of the car's headlights before AND after the removal. Show pictures to the judge on the court date and explain to him that you believed it to be legal since you purchased the car with the tint on there. It may also help to have the Bill of Sale if your purchase date was as recent as you say.

Users who are viewing this thread