Tire-rim size and Cruise

sighwest

Established Member
Anyone on here have 295-35-18s on the back and have/not have probs with cruise control? I remember losing cruise just after putting on my new rims and tires, and just wondered if anyone else had the same probs.

LDC2335

Established Member
why would you loose cruise? I have that size and mines fine, i think it totally unrelated.

F8L BYT

Established Member
facepalm.jpg

Jon96cobra

Established Member
Only thing I know of if the diameter of your tires from front to rear is over a certain percentage the ABS light comes on since the sensors detect the front wheels are spinning at a higher rate from the rear. Other than that should not affect cruise control.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Lube up your cruise cable under the hood. That will prob fix your issue.

I run that asize tire and no issues

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
cable could be broke, servo bad, steering wheel switches bad, pedal switches bad, wiring, or simply a fuse... tires, no.. unless there is a major ABS problem, but i think in these years it didnt work with ABS, it was speed sensor driven, and Servo adjusts the TB to regulate the speed

sighwest

Established Member
Tire/rim size can effect whether or not cruise will function in some cars. Believe me or not...do a google search and see for yourself. I don't appreciate the smart remarks, but that's all right.

sighwest

Established Member
cable could be broke, servo bad, steering wheel switches bad, pedal switches bad, wiring, or simply a fuse... tires, no.. unless there is a major ABS problem, but i think in these years it didnt work with ABS, it was speed sensor driven, and Servo adjusts the TB to regulate the speed

Thank you. I swear I lost cruise after I put on the after market rims and tires. My rear tire is almost 6% off from the original combination if the online calculator I found is accurate. I remember throwing the stockers back on one day before I installed the KB and the cruise worked. I was like "son of a b" my cruise is working again. Since then, I've sold the original wheels and tires, and had the whole engine pulled, so....it could be numerous things at this point.
Just figured I'd ask to see if anyone else experienced anything similar, but...guess not. My aunt's infinity did the same thing, and it was an older model.

sighwest

Established Member
I just can't seem to figure why I got cruise back when I put my stockers back on. Cruise worked fine, I changed the wheels and tires, cruise quit working. I put stockers back on, cruise worked fine. How could I think it had anything to do with the aftermarket wheels and tires? Guess I'm an idiot.

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
What size tires are you running up front?

Nice pick of your ride looks like the old BK hangout?

Hey Jon,

I'm running 275/35/18's on the front. The picture in the sig. is with the old tires sizes.

That picture is from Mustang Week 09' and it does kinda look like BK in Manassas. Which I still go to almost every Saturday night in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread