Tire rubbing question

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I recently bought some 335 35 17 kuhmo xs tires. I had a time getting them to stop rubbing on the inner fender but they still rub on occasion (like turning right into uneven driveways). I need to roll my fenders also because my right rear has already been sliced up and bent the lip of the fender a little which sucks. Right now I am running eibach drag springs in the rear and dont care if I have them or not. What spring would be stiff enough to keep this from happening? I actually want the car slammed like my 96 was but it rubs already like this so maybe coilovers rear and drop springs front? It only sliced it up because I had to pick up two friends and I had two people in the back seat and it bottomed out in a turn hitting a huge dip in the road. I see cars on here all the time that are slammed and running spacers so Im lost as to why mine rubs when it sits so high. Anyway what do yall think my options are? BESIDES getting smaller tires! lol

***Current height of car***
rims003-1.jpg

***Height of my 96 that I want the cobra to look like***
mustangbig.jpg

mustsidebig.jpg

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
There are a couple of members in the Market that rent them and I have seen them on Ebay for around $225 new.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I don't know what springs will give you that much of a drop. The ISO's might have to be pulled for that look.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I don't know what springs will give you that much of a drop. The ISO's might have to be pulled for that look.

I was only 17 and broke when I had that car and I lowered it with ebay springs :dw:. It still had the stock isos in there too lol. Im wondering with the fenders rolled will I have issues if I slam it like my 96? I might go with a reg prokit for the rear and adj MM lowers so I can adj as necessary or look into rear coilovers. I know with the gt I had zero issues (other than crappy ride) with rubbing but I was only running a 275 on 9" 03's.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
When I put the 17x11's, 1" spacers and 315's on I had no rubbing. I then had MM rear lower adjustables and a panhard bar put on and now I have some rubbing and assume I need to roll my fenders. Here are a couple of pics of my car as it sits with Eibach springs and MM suspension.
Cruise3.jpg

Cruise2.jpg

Cruise6.jpg

Last edited:

tt54l32v

Established Member
you might as well get coilovers it will take all the guess work of how much drop a certain set springs will be. roll the fenders , then use a small spacer

Smoked SVT

Established Member
you might as well get coilovers it will take all the guess work of how much drop a certain set springs will be. roll the fenders , then use a small spacer

Yeh I might just do coilovers. I cant run a spacer though or the tire will stick out and I cant deal with that lol.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow, you got the 335s?! And they actually fit? I've got 315/30/18 Kumho XS on the rear of mine and not only did they barely get them on my 10" wheels, but they barely fit in the wheelwells. Do you know what offset/width your wheels are? My tires are about 1/2" off the exhaust and quadshock, and on the outside are damn near flush with the rear fender. I'm going to have to roll the fenders as well since I already put a cut in my right rear while backing out of an uneven parking lot.

For anyone looking to get the XS tires, they are wide as hell and very sticky. Well worth the price so far. Hopefully I'll see how they manage at the track this weekend.

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Wow, you got the 335s?! And they actually fit? I've got 315/30/18 Kumho XS on the rear of mine and not only did they barely get them on my 10" wheels, but they barely fit in the wheelwells. Do you know what offset/width your wheels are? My tires are about 1/2" off the exhaust and quadshock, and on the outside are damn near flush with the rear fender. I'm going to have to roll the fenders as well since I already put a cut in my right rear while backing out of an uneven parking lot.

For anyone looking to get the XS tires, they are wide as hell and very sticky. Well worth the price so far. Hopefully I'll see how they manage at the track this weekend.

Yeh they fit and barely. I had to get the exhaust worked on and beat the inner fenders (which it still rubs if turning into or backing out of eneven drives) with a 2 lb hammer. I need to roll the fenders asap i have cuts in both tires already. I love them though they are awesome. 17x10.5" wheel...Back Spacing: 6.8" (173mm) Offset: +27mm (1.10")

Users who are viewing this thread