Tired of pushing the TC button?

slam

Established Member
Wow - I just looked back up and saw a post of mine where I had attached a schematic. That picture is obviously not a schematic... dunno what happened there, I don't even have that picture on my computer. Interesting.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Yes, that what I mentioned. I was really glad you had that other site with the pictures and parts.

I plan on putting one together soon and hopefully I'll have no problem. The instructions and pictures seem clear to me but I'll see how it goes once I actually try to assemble it. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Older pictures from last year were scrambled or replaced when SVTPerformance changed servers a few months ago.

:D

slam

Established Member
Shows how much attention I pay :)

KWladyka: good luck with it, it's worth it... I *hate* that TC crap. I don't even think about it any more...

Jason

wculver

600hp is not enough!
Established Member
Does anyone know if I get my Diablo chip reburned if they can set it up for the TC to not engage automatically? In addition, when I got the chip it turned off the upshift light (which is a good thing, why Ford ever put it there on this car is unknown) but my cruise control light doesn't work when the cruise is engaged. Anyone with similar problems? Please e-mail me. Thanks.

nj7703

Established Member
what is with the pics?? that 1st pic is my car.. :lol:

4D THNDR

Established Member
Originally posted by wculver
...cruise control light doesn't work when the cruise is engaged. Anyone with similar problems? Please e-mail me. Thanks.

There isn't a cruise control light. Diablo may be able to defeat your traction control, there is a way. My Autologic does it, can't turn it on though. Don't want it on anyway, anyhow.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Re: URL to my schematic

Originally posted by slam
My URL above has changed (due to COX blocking port 80)

http://www.parasite.tzo.net:8080/~slam/gallery

I am still running this circuit and have had no problems with it so far.

Jason

Jason
WHat plug did you use to connect the box to the wiring harness? I am guessing by you pictures that you put it on the side in the shift bay. Do you have a list of parts again. I think I am missing a part or two. Just matching your picture with what I have. I like it the more IU look at the pics. I had to come back and edit my questions after further revieew of the pictures., So I am taking it that once you hook this up, no more trac lockperiod. Any reason you did not make one with a toggle switch. Would have that been easier?Of course I am talking out my ass because I just deal with computer and hate the electrical engineering part. I have smart freinds for that.. :bash: I like the idea of having a toggle so when the wife drives the car it can be turned back on. That doiesn't happen very often but she does drive it. At least until we get her a 350Z or a Mach1

Last edited:

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Re: Finally!

Ok ... so we got the circuit done and seemingly working :)

I used most of the parts from Jameco that JJF listed. But I did deviate on the big capacator (2.2 uF from Jameco) because it was physically too large to fit with everything else on the board. I used two 1 uF capacators in parallel from a friend. I also used 4 1 MOhm resistors (two in parallel, those in series with the other two) to get 2.5 MOhm resistance to run the timer for 5.5 seconds (close enough) :)

I ended up using a microphone connector for my box because it was the smallest 4 conductor connector I could find at radio shack. I didn't want the thing hard-wired in to the car -- which was a good thing since we had to redo our circuit a couple times :)

If anyone has any questions, please ask.... I'm pretty much an amateur at this, but it sure was fun, and I learned alot!

You can see some pictures here:
http://www.parasite.tzo.net/~slam/gallery

So the latest scheme is on teh website?? This will eliminate the issue with keeping the key on too long and having the TC turn back on..

slam

Established Member
2001: Sorry it took me awhile to respond, I've been away from home most of today.

All the pictures I currently have of it are at the address you quoted in your reply: http://parasite.tzo.net:8080/~slam/gallery

The schematic posted on my site is the one I used to build my circuit. I've been using it problem free since I installed it.

All the circuit basically does is press the button once for you. You can still enable and disable the TC with the button. The circuit is only operational for a few seconds once it gets power, and then does nothing until the power is cycled again.

You could still have a toggle if you wanted it to revert back to factory and not disable the TC when the car is started. I didn't put one in because I didn't need it. I'm the only person who drives my car. And if I need to revert to factory, it's pretty easy to pop the shifter cover and remove the module, which is why I used a plug (the microphone one I mentioned) instead of just hard-wiring it in to the wiring harness.

I hope that answers your questions.. if not, just ask, I'll try to answer! The car is much more enjoyable without having to worry about the TC crap.

Jason

slam

Established Member
Sorry .. I forgot you asked about parts. I'm sorry, I don't have a list. I mostly used the parts jumpinjackflash mentioned at the first of this thread since I started out to build his circuit. I wound up adding another relay and that's about it I think. Oh, and for my design, you'll need four splice connectors as I tap four wires. Because of the two relay design, I had less room on the circuit board and had to use some smaller (physically) capacitors to fit .. they came out of a sony TV a friend of mine had taken apart...

Anyway, I don't really have a list, but you should be able to find what you need in this post between what JJF listed and the schematic.

HTH
Jason

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Sorry .. I forgot you asked about parts. I'm sorry, I don't have a list. I mostly used the parts jumpinjackflash mentioned at the first of this thread since I started out to build his circuit. I wound up adding another relay and that's about it I think. Oh, and for my design, you'll need four splice connectors as I tap four wires. Because of the two relay design, I had less room on the circuit board and had to use some smaller (physically) capacitors to fit .. they came out of a sony TV a friend of mine had taken apart...

Anyway, I don't really have a list, but you should be able to find what you need in this post between what JJF listed and the schematic.

HTH
Jason

Very cool thanks. I sent your site to my buddy. I am waiting to hear back> I will probibly give him the link to the thread. Thanks again

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
Could anyone repost a picture of the schematic for bypassing that stupid traction control? I am a Navy Nuclear Electronics Technician and I would be really interesting in putting together one of these for my 03 Cobra. When I went to this link, all the pics were gone by the this time. Thanks in advance.

Flooznie

Users who are viewing this thread