To build or not to build

1Shot1Kill

Still Learning
Established Member
Ok so basically I am torn on what to do with my car I have a basically stock motor with 150k on it I'm looking to have around 3k in the bank around end of july my qustion is should I do some sort of rebuild or should I just find a used centri or twin screw and worry about the motor when it blows it runs fine (knock on wood) and doesn't burn any oil at all. My end goal is to go FI but wasn't sure what you guys think I should do as since I have the extra dough to just do a minor build and if I could even do it for that price range, as far as HP goes I don't have an end goal I just want boost and want it to be a safe DD since this is the only car I have and also I still owe 13 months on it, so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Since it is your primary source of transportation I would keep saving money and not mod it until it is paid off. With 150K on it adding boost may leave you walking.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
My thoughts, if you want more power.. try selling your car in stock form and buy one already done and save yourself a ton of money. I went through it already, I spent a small fortune on my last car to get nothing out of it when I sold it. Then I picked up this one damn near done for much less then I would have spend on all the parts alone.

Also I agree with the above post... Take the cash and pay the car off. That will put more money in your pocket every month. My personal opinion I wouldnt boost a motor with 150K on it. Its a ticking bomb.

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I agree with Cookieman00x. Sell your car and buy one that is already built and boosted. It will be waaaaaaay cheaper that way. If you must modify your car then rebuild the engine first, then go with boost later.

03cobra5485

Established Member
i've got 105k on mine and just put a kenne bell on it, i'm prob gonna sell the kb and use the money for a motor rebuild..my car's been paid off, but i'd feel more comfortable with boost on a built motor.

Users who are viewing this thread