Torco Acclerator??

04cobra88

Established Member
I sent you a on buds6 I'm from across the water in Cape Breton I use torco like you were either buy 55 gal drums of rac3 gas for over 1000 dollars Canadian a piece or e85 but finding that shit in canada is like panning for gold lol

Quick Strike

Established Member
Be careful using high octane fuel with unleaded 91 if you have cats. Most contain lead. Lead reacts with the cats to melt them down. The octane boosters are formulated to work with unleaded gas without any determent.

High octane fuel may be richer or leaner then 91. This makes the entire mixture leaner or richer then what it is tuned for when mixed with 91 octane fuel. An example is high octane aviation gas mixed with 91 octane will be much leaner then just 91. It will run better with more detonation resistance if tuned for said mixture, but it will be lean and cause detonation if used on a 91 octane tune.

All in all, it is best to be tuned on whatever mixture of fuel or that particular fuel you will be using to know exactly how safe it is and its limits. Mine is tuned on 93 and Torco. It makes plenty of power with no real issues.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I wouldn't use any of that MMT based product....it will coat your plugs, O2 sensors, and cats if you have them. It can also settle out solids in your fuel tank over time. Not worth it.

Get tuned conservatively for the pump gas in your area and just live with it. Or, find E85 or buy a quality race fuel and get tuned appropriately.

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Very true! MMT will leave deposits, plug up the cats and contribute to hot spots in the combustion chamber. This has all been known since the late 1970's. Google it and find out for yourself. If you don't think torco has MMT it, contact them for the data sheet. It has it for sure.

GLynch

Thanks all I'm gonna get it retuned this summer for 91 and add a killer chiller to it. Thanks for all your help

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Thanks all I'm gonna get it retuned this summer for 91 and add a killer chiller to it. Thanks for all your help
Killer Chiller! I'm going the same route as soon as the weather warms up in the spring. The Gen 3 kit no longer requires the cutting of the A/C lines. the kit comes with pre-made plumbing for simplicity.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I have the latest whatever row/fin universal killer chiller sitting here for my CTS-V, thinking about putting it on the Cobra. Who is running what times with the Killer Chiller? Instead of selling for a loss, i'm thinking I might just get whatever parts for a direct install on this car.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Royal Purple Max Boost. If you have cats or O2 sensors(as most Terminators do) just keep your dosing at or below the sweet spot of one ounce per gallon. The MMT component works great as long as the octane boosting product has an appropriate amount of PEA to keep things clean in the combustion chamber and cats. MMT is the best current metallic octane boosting chemical compound. There is no alcohol at all in Max Boost. You can run it safely every tank full if you want, with no issues from deposits.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Royal Purple Max Boost. If you have cats or O2 sensors(as most Terminators do) just keep your dosing at or below the sweet spot of one ounce per gallon. The MMT component works great as long as the octane boosting product has an appropriate amount of PEA to keep things clean in the combustion chamber and cats. MMT is the best current metallic octane boosting chemical compound. There is no alcohol at all in Max Boost. You can run it safely every tank full if you want, with no issues from deposits.
Very interesting Jimmy. The main reason I do not like Torco is the deposits it leaves behind on the valves, combustion chanbers, plugs, etc. These areas quickly become hot spots when the additive is not used and can actually increase detonation. If the deposits weren't left and could keep the combustion chamber clean, it might not be that bad of an alternative.

I would like to see some more information on it and see some motors pulled apart after running it for extended periods of time. I have already seen this with Torco and the results were horrible!

Slippery Nut

Established Member
Jimmy, are you saying to run Torco in combination with the 1oz per gallon of the Royal Purple and that will keep the combustion chambers clean?

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread