Totalled! Now What?

jtfx6552

Established Member
My beautiful 2013 DIB stripe delete was taken out by someone who, following their GPS suggestion, made a left turn from the right lane right in front of me in their Escape. His fault, citation issued.

My insurance says it a total loss. Not quite giving me enough money, but I'm gonna work on that.

What do I replace it with?

There is a used low mileage (<3K) Black swan 2013 near me. The money they are giving me is based on what that particular car is for sale for, so no out of pocket to get it. Has the same options mine had.

I kinda want Ruby red though. A few of those for sale, two within driving distance, one with white stripes shaker pro, no glass roof, one with black stripes glass roof, no shaker pro.

All have 821A, Track Pack, Recaros, Nav.

I'm leaning towards the black stripe glass roof.

Questions
1) Is the wiring in the back of the non shaker pro car to just plug in the sub and harness from my old car?

2) Any issues with the glass roof at the track? Any sanctioning bodies that anyone know of not good with them? I usually do BMW club road racing events. I'm not sure if asking them will stir up a hornets nest or not? What about Atco and Cecil? Anyone drag race with a glass roof at either place?

3) If I go with the used black swan, how do I tell if it might be from the problem clutch era? Is there a way to get the dealer to check the ECU to make sure it never had a tune?

Any other reason to pick a 13 over a 14? or vise versa?

Pictures of the carnage:

D79EA818-11B1-4AF1-A59B-1464B6226A5E_zpsc9bwwkh9.jpg

22129644-40F3-4294-9828-02ADA24CBA66_zpsdzwauuif.jpg

560E211D-EAD5-43B1-B3F5-D9A68AE4ABD4_zpslpkaoafs.jpg

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Geeeeeze....sorry for your loss brother. That sucks!!

Will they let you take and keep some of the track pack components out? Might be worth keeping the Torsen diff, all the oil cooler, maybe even the blower and stuff??

jtfx6552

Established Member
Geeeeeze....sorry for your loss brother. That sucks!!

Will they let you take and keep some of the track pack components out? Might be worth keeping the Torsen diff, all the oil cooler, maybe even the blower and stuff??

I don't think so. From what I gather from the insurance people, one of the reasons it's totaled with such little damage (relatively)is that the salvage values of these cars is so high. I guess a lot of people want the drivetrains...

Ky GT500

Established Member
Unless there is a lot of hidden damage that I'm not seeing,,not sure how that is totaled. 70% of the value to repair is a total.

If it is totaled,,,very sorry for your loss.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Wow, can't believe it was totalled. That doesn't look like 45K worth of damage to me, but that's why I'm not an adjuster. Sorry for your loss :(

The estimate of what they see is 28K, they think there could be/will be more when they get into it.

I think they think the salvage value is close to 30K.

JT

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad?

PS. PLEASE tell me there is a child in your back seat in the first picture and not a ghost

jtfx6552

Established Member
Am I the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad?

PS. PLEASE tell me there is a child in your back seat in the first picture and not a ghost

Lol, yes, my two boys were with me and are somewhat traumatized. I waited for the police to stop traffic before taking them out the passenger side. Drivers door didn't open.

ThomasL

Established Member

OH MY GOD...... That's a ghost for sure. :eek:

Edit: my wife informed me that kids are supposed to remain in the car and not out around the accident. So maybe it's his kiddo....

Last edited:

GWFoos

Established Member
Jt, glad your boys are ok. Sorry for the loss. Family first. The most important things are just fine. Your car can be replaced, kids cannot.

ThomasL

Established Member
I appreciate all the support, but does anyone have any thoughts on the questions? lol.

Glass roof is just a bit heavier, but more rigid. 13 has SVT 20th anny door sills, 14 just SVT. 13 has mustang logo for gauge screen while 14 has cobra logo.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I would hold out for the color you really want.
And also fight the ins co to get a better payout.
Don't let them lowball you.
13-14 are the same, minus snake dash emblem on start up and door sills.

dom418

Established Member
I'm sorry for your loss. You have options though, if you had your fun with the Shelby maybe move on to something else. A new C7 z06 would be sweet. If not there are plenty of used Shelby's out there so it's a great opportunity to change colors or maybe add a glass roof car.

krman68

Established Member
Definitely sucks...sorry to hear about it but glad you and your boys are OK. That is what's most important.. From. The pix, it doesn't look totaled but I'm not an adjuster

Where are you located in Southeast PA? I'm not far from you.

Users who are viewing this thread