track day today...some results

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
So after working on the car all week I took it back to the track. I was hoping for a lot more mph but oh well at least I got to drive it home. Last time around it went 83.59 mph at an 8.9 without a launch, didn't have any tires that will hook any better than 1200 rpm clutch slips.

This week we dropped my k member and fixed my header leaking problem. I also switched out my 4.10 gears to 4.30 ones. The gears have some vibration at 2500 RPMS on the interstate, but I think that is due to the drive shaft vibration. Hopefully getting it balanced will fix the vibration, as well as turning the drive shaft to get it lined up in the same spot as before.

This time around I had the same problem as before without a tire and coming out at about the same RPMS. I ran the same horrible 2.2 sixty foot time and I was spinning a lot more this time. The car spun all the way through first and second, having to shift into second really easy cuz of the traction problem and not wanting to grind second gear. This time around the car went 84.67 mph and a time of 8.73. Not as much of an improvement as I hoped, but none the less it is an improvement.

This upcoming week I will be trading my BBK cold air intake for a JLT cold air intake. I hate to give up my pretty BBK, but I am more concerned about going faster at the moment. Hopefully I will also be able to buy an intake spacer this week and install that as well.

The car keeps getting faster and running better every week. I still have a lot of things I want to change on the car but I am glad to see constant improvement. I am kind of stuck on what else to put on the car, maybe turn the timing back 2 degrees and put a 100 shot on it since my nitrous kit is not selling?

SVTPower97

Established Member
i hope its the jlt true cold air intake...i heard the ram air ones aren't much better hp for hp then the bbk piece? did you notice any gains from putting your maf on or was it done the same time as the intake?

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
What do you have done to it? Your MPH is awesome.. you need to work on your ET. I went 8.72 at just a touch over 80mph... so your car's running extremely strong. I think you can go low eights.

Mods?

SVTPower97

Established Member
What do you have done to it? Your MPH is awesome.. you need to work on your ET. I went 8.72 at just a touch over 80mph... so your car's running extremely strong. I think you can go low eights.

Mods?

lol you are going to think otherwise after i tell you all my mods

it has a stock 01 motor in it with bbk cold air intake and under drive pullies

flowtech longtube header long tube headers with off road x pipe

magnaflow catback

4.30 gears

has a tune on it just to get the 01 motor functional...i think there is a lot more to be had in the tune

yeah i was kind of hoping for 8.30 to maybe 8.20 passes with a tire and being able to launch hard....the rear end is completely safe so coming out of the hole at like 5k won't be a problem...only problems i could run into then is maybe the transmission

SVTPower97

Established Member
i hate 1/8 mile drag racing.

i have never been to a 1/4 track...the closest one to me is bristol which is still like four hours away and i am scared to drive that far and race cuz if i break the damn thing i couldn't afford to have it towed...maybe one day i'll get a car trailer from someone and try the 1/4 i think it would be a lot more fun

Users who are viewing this thread