Traction control

:decepTion:

Established Member
Recently my traction control seems to be turning itself on either while I am driving sometimes or when I turn the car on. I have a on/off traction control module installed that was bought from pony express. Its been installed by the first owner I believe in 2001. Could it be that the module is going bad?, a wire is loose, or a fuse in my fuse box is going bad? This doesnt always happen either. Its just sometimes its on all of a sudden when its usually always off and I never touch it and keep it that way.

If I need to get a new module who makes those now, and where can I find one? since it seems pony express performance does not exist anymore

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd start by checking all the connections. Something may have loosened up over time. If all of those are fine then the module is probably starting to go out. I have no idea who makes them anymore.

Special Ed

boom goes the dynomite...
Established Member
i dont have perfect memory (too much puff puff) i just seem to remeber... and if i dont the it reminds me when i romp the gas and my car backs off..

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
People push buttons all day long texting but the chore of pushing one button to turn off TC is just too much work.

This has been beaten to death on here before so please take my post as a joking jab and nothing more.

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
People push buttons all day long texting but the chore of pushing one button to turn off TC is just too much work.

This has been beaten to death on here before so please take my post as a joking jab and nothing more.

I forget things sometimes. Gee, imagine that. None of you awesome studs ever does, I guess.

BUT the fact is I'm running a bit of boost on a stock bottom end, and FORGETTING to ensure TC is off before mashing the loud pedal can be a BAD thing. The friggin' gizmo to remove human error from the equation cost me fifty bucks and a half hour of my time.

Buy it and use it. Or don't. I'm not trying to sell anybody one. But when someone who's NOT contributing a freaking thing to the thread and NOT doing a DAMNED thing to answer the OP's question chimes in with a smartass remark like "just remember to push the button" it sort of rubs me the wrong way.

The OP didn't ask for your editorial comments. He asked where he could get a new one if he needed it. If you can't or don't want to help, then STFU.

:fm:

Established Member
I forget things sometimes. Gee, imagine that. None of you awesome studs ever does, I guess.

BUT the fact is I'm running a bit of boost on a stock bottom end, and FORGETTING to ensure TC is off before mashing the loud pedal can be a BAD thing. The friggin' gizmo to remove human error from the equation cost me fifty bucks and a half hour of my time.

Buy it and use it. Or don't. I'm not trying to sell anybody one. But when someone who's NOT contributing a freaking thing to the thread and NOT doing a DAMNED thing to answer the OP's question chimes in with a smartass remark like "just remember to push the button" it sort of rubs me the wrong way.

The OP didn't ask for your editorial comments. He asked where he could get a new one if he needed it. If you can't or don't want to help, then STFU.

:thumbsup:
Yes I forget especially now since I have had the module working for so long I keep forgetting to check if its on or off and to think I want to go s/c also... boy would that be bad and a very expensive accident I would rather not deal with

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member

Easy there internet tough guy. :bored:

So much for me saying it was a joking jab.

If the guy was smart he'd take that $50 piece of radio shack shit off his car and turn T/C off in the tune.

01yellercobra

Established Member
:thumbsup:
Yes I forget especially now since I have had the module working for so long I keep forgetting to check if its on or off and to think I want to go s/c also... boy would that be bad and a very expensive accident I would rather not deal with

When you go F/I turn the traction control off in the tune.

Taz

Established Member

If the guy was smart he'd take that $50 piece of radio shack shit off his car and turn T/C off in the tune.

Gee, I guess the same goes for me, huh?

Regardless, you added nothing but SHIT to this thread, which started out a simple question, and which got answered long before you jumped in.

So butt out. Take your expert advice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

:loser:

Last edited:

Established Member

the first owner put it in the car back in like 01 so most likely if it is going out i will take it out of my car and go to deans performance talk to hans and have him turn it off

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Good call.

Do you know does the car have a custom tune?

Did the car come with a handheld tuner? If so you can turn it off yourself with the handheld tuner.

Taz

Established Member
Just remember that if you turn off the TC in the tune, you won't be able to re-enable it on those occasions when you really want it, such as rain slick roads. With the TC control module, you still have the option of using TC in those situations.

With the module, your TC button remains functional - it just doesn't revert to TC on every time you start the car.

Established Member
Just remember that if you turn off the TC in the tune, you won't be able to re-enable it on those occasions when you really want it, such as rain slick roads. With the TC control module, you still have the option of using TC in those situations.

With the module, your TC button remains functional - it just doesn't revert to TC on every time you start the car.

yea i know that is fine with me though because my car is only driven on nice days during the summer does not see rain or snow and is a garage queen

RoyWoods

Established Member
the first owner put it in the car back in like 01 so most likely if it is going out i will take it out of my car and go to deans performance talk to hans and have him turn it off

Spend the $50 on a module FTW. It gives you a lot more flexibility, and it's a lot cheaper than going to see a "tuner." Besides, wasn't that your original question in the first place (i.e. where to get one, and hence your original gut instinct was to get a new one)???? :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread