Transmisson shop called...

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
And they said they found the problem. It was a warped pump. He siad it was warped and leaking. Funny thing is, that is the part and only part he reused from the original transmisson.

Asked him about how it was reused and he said "my pump is the only pump he has seen mangled(warped) so badly in a 4r100". He has done thousands and never seen one like mine. ??????????? He siad it was fine going in and didn't need replacement.

I asked what caused it and he said, "his best guess would be the dyno". Why, I asked? Because they are so hard on the transmisson. He accused the dyno shop of running it to many times back to back.
I never had more than two back to back pulls and all have been done with cool down time. 5 pulls in a 12 hour period.

He then said it could be the TC ballooning and pushing against the pump.
I thought the billet housing wouldn't allow that????

Any who, it cost me 500.00 and I had the TC looked at and it came back fine.

What do you guys think? How do pumps go out?

FordFanStan

Established Member
IIRC I mentioned in your thread I would replace the pump as well :poke:, just giving you a hard time. It really could be that the pump was fine.

The main reasons why the pumps fail, is overheating or overworked, (trrans tv shift pressures dramatically rasied). But there are still a number of issues that could have caused this. TC do baloon, that is why they have the billet tc's out now, but they still have a small effect of ballooning as well. It could have also been installed wrong. Either way, glad it got taken care of and fixed. Stan

Users who are viewing this thread