trespassing laws (Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
"Warning Shots" create increased liability over actually shooting the person.

02reaper

Established Member
I'm glad to hear someone say that. Those that say they will- probably have not had to do so. I hope that day never comes to anyone. I have seen many "justifiable" killings in which the shooter never really recovers..Call it post traumatic stress syndrome or whatever you want. That's why most police depts offer or mandate counseling. Their shootings are over potential life ending situations..However, to take a life just based on stealing "stuff"- I would not want that burden on my shoulders.

To be up close and "personal" and watch the life drain out of somebody..is a sad sight regardless of who it is.

I couldnt have said it better. I have been involved in "agent/officer involved shootings." Taking a life, even the life of a scumbag, has a lot of repercussions. It effects even the strongest, most well trained person in a deep way.

Let me ask you this then. How would you feel going to fight for your country. You kill others there that are just doing the same thing for their country and have never done anything personal to you? Maybe killing a theif is a little too much to begin with, but what about later when they come back for more because you were too much of a chicken to handle yourself the first time, that is, even if you even have that option. I guess if I am ever faced with that decision I will see what I am made of. I hope I never am, and I am sure to lock everything up really good at night, but I don't think I'm going to just hide away while someone is taking my stuff.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Let me ask you this then. How would you feel going to fight for your country. You kill others there that are just doing the same thing for their country and have never done anything personal to you? Maybe killing a theif is a little too much to begin with, but what about later when they come back for more because you were too much of a chicken to handle yourself the first time, that is, even if you even have that option. I guess if I am ever faced with that decision I will see what I am made of. I hope I never am, and I am sure to lock everything up really good at night, but I don't think I'm going to just hide away while someone is taking my stuff.

Actually, it is your "gung ho" attitude that is disturbing. It is almost as if you are waiting for the opportunity to kill another person. There are many alternatives to hiding while someone is taking your stuff. But in what reality does losing a few items equate to losing a life? :rolleyes:

02reaper

Established Member
Actually, it is your "gung ho" attitude that is disturbing. It is almost as if you are waiting for the opportunity to kill another person. There are many alternatives to hiding while someone is taking your stuff. But in what reality does losing a few items equate to losing a life? :rolleyes:

Well, my question has been answered. I can see your offended as you easily and usually are.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Well, my question has been answered. I can see your offended as you easily and usually are.

Offended? I have no reason to be offended, you mean nothing in my life. As someone who deals with public safety, your attitude toward taking another person's life is disturbing.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member

Offended? I don't think you offended Adam; he simply pointed out how silly your posts were and now you are trying to push it back on him.

This thread went south the moment you tried selling the idea of shooting a trespasser without legal provocation.

"but what about later when they come back for more because you were too much of a chicken to handle yourself the first time, that is, even if you even have that option. I guess if I am ever faced with that decision I will see what I am made of. I hope I never am".

First and foremost - you need to survive a firefight before you try selling the crap I cut/pasted above. I could understand seeing that posted by a 15 year old whose life experiences come from video games, but thinking someone is "chicken" for not taking a life when it is not necessary is just plain retarded.

jshen

Established Member
Let me ask you this then. How would you feel going to fight for your country. You kill others there that are just doing the same thing for their country and have never done anything personal to you? .

I think we all know fighting a war is not over the "stealing of stuff"- the point the thread. I admire and commend those brave soldiers putting their lives on the line for liberty. Killing is necessary in their endeavor- The point of my post- whether justified or not...killing a person can exact a toll as we have seen from past wars- post traumatic stress syndrome is real- Ask your local veterans and LEOs about it.

DC97Cobra

Established Member
I say that if you are worried, get a tazer and shock the living shit out of the tresspasser. Call 911 and if the person trys to move, zap him a few more times. A few good things could come out of this. 1. You get to keep your stuff. 2. The trespasser is probably wishing he was shot but is still alive. 3. He is caught and does time. 4. They will probably stay far away from you knowing what being shocked all to hell feels like. 5. You get to add to all of the other youtube videos of people getting shocked for their stupidity. :D

02reaper

Established Member
I say that if you are worried, get a tazer and shock the living shit out of the tresspasser. Call 911 and if the person trys to move, zap him a few more times. A few good things could come out of this. 1. You get to keep your stuff. 2. The trespasser is probably wishing he was shot but is still alive. 3. He is caught and does time. 4. They will probably stay far away from you knowing what being shocked all to hell feels like. 5. You get to add to all of the other youtube videos of people getting shocked for their stupidity. :D

I have a tazer, and honestly it doesn't do a good job. Besides, it could kill someone also. It only takes 5 milliamps to kill a person.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I have a tazer, and honestly it doesn't do a good job. Besides, it could kill someone also. It only takes 5 milliamps to kill a person.

honestly, i think you're just looking for reasons to hurt someone. i lost my brother in april of '07 and that was enough pain right there. i could never, ever wish or inflinct this pain into anyone, especially if it's because they broke into my car or into my house... human life is worth WAY more than any possession. the burden or pain of taking human life/being apart of a life that was taken is enough to make you want to stop living. please use good judgment and think about what you're doing when it comes to your firearm. defend yourself by all means, but exhaust all other options before taking a life imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread