WANTED: True Forged coolant and intercooler tanks

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member
As the title states. Looking to buy some polished TF coolant/IC tanks or the 2in1 combo TF tank.

Cheers

68gtscode

Established Member
IMG_1780.png

Did you see this one on the SVTP Facebook page?

Dick Ritchie

Established Member
Not sure if this will help (as you want the ever so elusive TF tanks) but check out harpell auto fab. 1 piece tank like TF. Tank is pricey at just under 1400 (with tax and shipping). However looks to be amazing quality. Check out his mufflers too. Guy is a cobra owner and amazing welder/fabricator. He can probably do one unfinished for you if you call. I know they had one black one in stock yesterday as I'm looking for an intercooler tank myself.

Last edited:

yfz162

88mph....serious shit!!!!
Established Member
That looks like a Lance flathers tank, maybe butchered his name. Dudes trying to make big money ripping someone off.
Either that or a Harpell Auto piece. My Flathers tank doesn't recess on the right side like the one in the photo. Either way, not sure I have ever seen a TF 2 in 1 tank.

68gtscode

Established Member
Pretty sure he fat fingered that.
Exactly, I meant 2000 Cobra R. A friend of my brother was selling his 4,000 mile car right before COVID for mid 40s. I suspect I could have bought it for low 40s. I thought and thought on it, and passed it up. Now I’m kicking myself!!

Anyhow, sorry to take this thread off topic!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've had both the True forged tank and the Harpell tank and the Harpell blows the TF tank out of the water. Quality, fit and finish is perfect. TF was cool and nostalgic, but the cap leaked and the welds weren't always pretty.

If you can't find the TF piece, I'd highly recommend the Harpell 2in 1. I'll post my engine bay with both tanks for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread