TSB 06-9-9 Hesitation after cruise

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Folks:

For those 06 GT owners that may not be aware there is a TSB #06-9-9 that calls for replacing the fuel pump. Symptom: After cruising for 15 minutes or more, trying to accelerate from either a stopped or cruise can cause the fuel-pump to fail for a second, causing the car to hesitate and then kick in hard (possibly causing a whiplash).

Take it into the dealer and ask for replacement under the TSB number. I had mine done after three episodes and haven't had a problem since. Takes the mechanic 20 minutes to do the switch.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
Folks:

For those 06 GT owners that may not be aware there is a TSB #06-9-9 that calls for replacing the fuel pump. Symptom: After cruising for 15 minutes or more, trying to accelerate from either a stopped or cruise can cause the fuel-pump to fail for a second, causing the car to hesitate and then kick in hard (possibly causing a whiplash).

Take it into the dealer and ask for replacement under the TSB number. I had mine done after three episodes and haven't had a problem since. Takes the mechanic 20 minutes to do the switch.

Some good info there. Does this apply to just 06 GT owners? Or 05s as well? I'm not having any problems, seeimg as mine was replaced do to performance work, but its a good piece of info to know. I can let some other Mustang forums know.

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
03Cobra05GT said:
Some good info there. Does this apply to just 06 GT owners? Or 05s as well? I'm not having any problems, seeimg as mine was replaced do to performance work, but its a good piece of info to know. I can let some other Mustang forums know.

It applies to 06 GT owners only. The first time it happened to me (not knowing there was even a problem) I was cruising for about a 1/2 hour. Came to a red light. Stopped and then went to accelerate on green light and the car died for a split second...my foot was still on the accelerator...the pump suddenly kicked back in and I just launched off the green light....my head snapped back...next morning my neck was stiff on left side from whiplash.....headache from it all day long.

Other two times I was ready for it....unfortunately if one decides not to have the car serviced it causes you to have to be ready for it every time you accelerate because you just don't know when it is going to happen. :beer:

Last edited:

Black06inGT

Established Member
When I was cruising on a long trip a week ago I was in 5th dropped it into 4th to speed up and the car like slipped for a second and it did this one other time for me as well. Then I was at a stoplight and I went to take off and it goes to take off then falls flat on its face but neither time did it jerk my head back like you explain. I just thought maybe since I had the a/c on it was really hot and my off road h pipe that my car was running a little rough I know these cars dont like heat. Maybe I should look into this. Great Info thank you

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Sonic Blue GT said:
It applies to 06 GT owners only. The first time it happened to me (not knowing there was even a problem) I was cruising for about a 1/2 hour. Came to a red light. Stopped and then went to accelerate on green light and the car died for a split second...my foot was still on the accelerator...the pump suddenly kicked back in and I just launched off the green light....my head snapped back...next morning my neck was stiff on left side from whiplash.....headache from it all day long.

Other two times I was ready for it....unfortunately if one decides not to have the car serviced it causes you to have to be ready for it every time you accelerate because you just don't know when it is going to happen. :beer:

Ouch, sounds painful. I'll be sure to pass along the info. Thx. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread