Tundra "Most American" Pickup

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
a 1 ton chevy and a 1 ton ford yet again compared to a 1/2 ton toyota??????

i have a 2009 tundra 5.7 2wd if anyone in the stl area wants to hook up an 1/2 ton 2wd truck witch is what i have i will tape it and pull you anywhere i want to go and post it here for evryone to see

LMAO! That's great.

I'm not really comparing them to a 1/2 ton Toyota... Rather showing what toyota's can't do, which is towing their own race trailers.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Toyota_Racing_Silverado_1.jpg

Wheres the Toyota truck?

/thread.

I was hoping someone posted this, I was about to say it. . . its funny they tow their junk to the track with a duramax.

epic

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
a 1 ton chevy and a 1 ton ford yet again compared to a 1/2 ton toyota??????

i have a 2009 tundra 5.7 2wd if anyone in the stl area wants to hook up an 1/2 ton 2wd truck witch is what i have i will tape it and pull you anywhere i want to go and post it here for evryone to see

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, specially a 2wd 1/2 ton lol

how about you bring the baddest tundra you can find, and a F250 will drag it around anywhere you want. . .

sucks to be a tundra fan, because all you have is a 1/2 ton parking lot queen. . . put any real task behind it, and they'll snap the camshafts LOLOLOL

:beer:

williesgt

Established Member
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, specially a 2wd 1/2 ton lol

how about you bring the baddest tundra you can find, and a F250 will drag it around anywhere you want. . .

sucks to be a tundra fan, because all you have is a 1/2 ton parking lot queen. . . put any real task behind it, and they'll snap the camshafts LOLOLOL

:beer:

once again 3/4 ton?????? and tundras have no issues with camshafts???

hope your not talking about a 6.0 because you FICM, will fail you turbo will coke up, you head bolts will strech and crack the heads, your egr/oil cooler will fail and then your high press oil pump will go out...i think i coverd it all

CPRsm

That's funny. That's what my buddy drives. A K&N'd F250 5.4 with a tune and exh when my stock Tundra drug his dick thru the dirt while pulling an empty trailer.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
once again 3/4 ton?????? and tundras have no issues with camshafts???

hope your not talking about a 6.0 because you FICM, will fail you turbo will coke up, you head bolts will strech and crack the heads, your egr/oil cooler will fail and then your high press oil pump will go out...i think i coverd it all

Tundra's were breaking camshafts while pulling stuff about a year or so ago. . . im surprised you never heard that. . .

and all the stuff you mentioned on the powerstrokes were from modifications, because with minimal money, you can make upwards of 600 rwhp and 1000 rwtq

warranties won't cover modifications because the truck wasn't meant for it

but stock, they are as durable as they come

and yea, your truck pulls good with an empty trailer, cuz if it had a full load, it couldn't get out its own way. . . maybe someday toyota may no how to make a hd truck, for now, they just have toyota fanboys driving them to work everyday. . . maybe putting a bag of mulch in the back every now and then. . . cuz they aren't capable of pulling say, a toyota racecar LOL

williesgt

Established Member
Tundra's were breaking camshafts while pulling stuff about a year or so ago. . . im surprised you never heard that. . .

and all the stuff you mentioned on the powerstrokes were from modifications, because with minimal money, you can make upwards of 600 rwhp and 1000 rwtq

warranties won't cover modifications because the truck wasn't meant for it

but stock, they are as durable as they come

and yea, your truck pulls good with an empty trailer, cuz if it had a full load, it couldn't get out its own way. . . maybe someday toyota may no how to make a hd truck, for now, they just have toyota fanboys driving them to work everyday. . . maybe putting a bag of mulch in the back every now and then. . . cuz they aren't capable of pulling say, a toyota racecar LOL

never seen a toyota break a camshaft ever...if you want to back up your story find one and enlighten me...

all the failures ive listed on the 6.0 are common issues on STOCK vehicles ask any ford dealer...

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
No, you might want to check again. The towing capacity of the 4.6L is 8200 lbs. The towing capacity of the 5.7L is 10,100 lbs. Some of the model configurations for 2011 dropped below 10,000 lbs into the 9500-9800 lb range due to new towing capacity standards that all companies will have to go by. Toyota started doing it this year while Ford and Chevy won't until probably 2013.

Of course a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel is going to out haul/tow a 1/2 ton gas truck. That's not the point.

Show me where it says that on Toyota's site. Everything I've found says otherwise.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
seen some early 2007 trucks had issues with cams only a handfull of trucks since then issue has been fixed and no oter trucks besides early 2007 had that issue...

way less than any 6.0 issue

ha, and the same can be said about the powerstrokes. . .

to which actually get put to hard use, where as tundras see cruise control and parking lots a majority of the time :poke:

williesgt

Established Member
ha, and the same can be said about the powerstrokes. . .

to which actually get put to hard use, where as tundras see cruise control and parking lots a majority of the time :poke:

same can be said about the powerstrokes??? ya they had issues up untill they stoped prodution on the 6.0...there is a tsb for evry issue ive listed...would you like them

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
same can be said about the powerstrokes??? ya they had issues up untill they stoped prodution on the 6.0...there is a tsb for evry issue ive listed...would you like them

"Recall" is worse than a TSB

in case you didn't know, and I don't know many cars that come out that don't have at least 1 tsb. . .

williesgt

Established Member
"Recall" is worse than a TSB

in case you didn't know, and I don't know many cars that come out that don't have at least 1 tsb. . .

recall is not worse both are admitting an issue with a vehicle a recall is the company standing behind there product...

that being said i cannot find a recall for a camshaft on a tundra in TIS (toyota information systems) or motor alldata...if you have the recall # that would be interesting to see...

and i agree there are tsb on any vehicle out in the world but you said these issues were only on modified vehicles and the tsb is ford stating these parts have an isses without mods....

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
??? you have to have traction to pull a trailer yes? how would you rate the best truck by numbers set by the factory???
if you don't have enough traction to pull the maximum payload then you have some pretty ****ing big problems:rollseyes

the only thing "hooking up" tells you is who is on the surface with more grip, who has the better driver, which truck weighs more, and all kinds of other bullshit that is completely useless in every single way. but i guess your just gotta stroke the ego of your inner redneck huh:loser:

CPRsm

and yea, your truck pulls good with an empty trailer, cuz if it had a full load, it couldn't get out its own way. . .
My truck pulls fine loaded. Point is, it still pulled better with an emptied trailer than his truck all by itself, and modded to boot.

Put your money where your mouth is. Find a F150 or 250 gas truck and I will pull it's doors off. Loaded, unloaded, and stop sooner as well.

IDK about the ecoboost yet though. Haven't towed with one of those.

Last edited:

crew_dawg16

Established Member
My truck pulls fine loaded. Point is, it still pulled better with an emptied trailer than his truck all by itself, and modded to boot.

Put your money where your mouth is. Find a F150 or 250 gas truck and I will pull it's doors off. Loaded, unloaded, and stop sooner as well.

IDK about the ecoboost yet though. Have towed with one of those.

Just curious, how exactly did you hook up when you had a trailer attached?

Users who are viewing this thread